31. Unveiled-II

I was in the class, listening to the lecture with my heavy eyelids, ready to shut at any moment. My mind got attentive when the lecturer mentioned my name.

"Miss. Troustkey." She said.

"Yes." I stood at attention.

Did she notice my sleepy head?

"Go to the principals' office."

"But why?" I asked.

She handed me a little piece of paper on which my name was written with the signature of the principal. I took the paper and went out of the class. Standing in the corridor, I was confused, whether the office was on the left or the right.

I should pay more attention to the directions.

I randomly turned right and reached a room, not the principals' office. Walking back, I went to the left and knocked on the principals' office. He told me to come in and then asked to go to the opposite side where someone came to meet me.

Ah! I went to the right place at first.

I again came back to the room thinking who might it be. Knocked on the door and entered. I was surprised to see him. He came to my university. But why? What does he want now after what he did?

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I came to talk." He replied.

"I don't want to talk about anything. I know everything about you, brother told me."

"No, you don't." He said. "You only know that he knows." And supplied.

"But-" He cuts me off.

"Levy, just listen to me once." He said calmly and asked me to sit.

I don't know what he wanted to say, after leaving us, betraying mother, what does he want now.

"What you want?" I directly asked him, without turning the conversation anywhere.

"I want my family back." He replied in the same manner.

"The one you left behind."

"I never left behind anyone."

"You did! And you betrayed mother." I don't know whether I should say this, after all, I am the result of that betrayal.

"I was forced to marry her."

"So, I am unwanted." My voice was stern and cold. My own words were hurting me.

"No, stop talking rubbish and listen." He said in a fatherly manner.

I always wished to know about my father but never thought my wish would be granted. I learned one thing by this, you'll get the things you want but unexpectedly.

I don't know what to say anymore. So, I kept my mouth shut and let him speak. Noticing my silence, he began his side of the story.

"You know now that I left you when I brought you from that academy." He said.

I nodded. I wanted to say you left me before that years back in the academy, but choose to be quiet.

"I didn't go because your mother asked me to leave." He continued.

I looked at him questioningly.

He took a deep breath and said. "I left you all, for your own safety."

"Safety from whom?" I can't be quiet anymore.

"From the family of Margaret."

"I don't understand."