26. Reminisce

We had our breakfast while having a little conversation about random things. Later, Ayra left and Adam was with brother. I was lying on the bed, staring at the fan. Yes, we have a fan in our room, though I wonder who uses it. It's already frigid climate and fan would definitely freeze us. I have to call Jacob.

Entering brother's room, I asked.
"Admund can I use your phone?"

He was busy with some files where Adam was playing a game on his laptop.

Tilting his head in my direction, he said. "How many times should-" knowing his common sentence I cut him off.

"Can I use your phone brother?"
I smiled at him.

He searched his phone through the pile of files and handed it to me. Taking the phone, I went into my room and called Jacob. The conversation went for a while where he asked when I arrived, how am I. He was normal in his usual self. Talking with him had escalated my feeling. Keeping the phone on the side table, I again laid on the bed.

~~~~~~~

When I woke up, I saw Adam sleeping beside me. Peering around the room, I found a clock showing 9:30 pm. I slept for almost 7 hours. Getting out of the bed, I went downstairs. Brother was sitting on the couch with his laptop on. Taking a glass of water, I sat beside him.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Work." He replied with his eyes fixed on the screen. "Had a good sleep?" And then asked.

"Yes." I paused and continued. "What work exactly?" Yawning, I rested my head on his shoulder to peep into the laptop.

"Shifting the employees to different companies."

"From where to where?"

"From the one where you're working to others."

Lethargically, I was asking him questions after questions. "Why?"

"We are closing that company."
This gains my attention and I straightened myself to face him.

"But why? It's working fine."

"Now you're here, who's going to look after it?" This time he faced me.

Then you shouldn't have called us here, I wanted to say this but instead, I said something else. "Uncle Willson can watch over it."

"He's on some other work."

"Then what about the deal with Jaffrey's?" I asked quickly. I made efforts for that deal.

"We'll continue that with another company."

Yes, you're not going to break that.

"Where has uncle Willson gone?"

"I told you he's on some work."

He was giving a piece of incomplete information so I didn't ask any further questions and stayed quiet. Closing my eyes, I rested my head on his shoulder with my back facing him. There was a stack of questions I wanted to ask. I am eager to know about everything but I don't want to bombard him with my firing now.

"Levy." He said.

"Hmm," I replied with my closed eyes.

"Are you sleeping?"

"No."

"I know it's hard for you people to come here, leaving behind everything." His voice was calm.

"If you know then you shouldn't have called us," I replied in the same manner.

"I couldn't leave you there alone after what happened."