06. The Deal

"Levy?" The word came out of his mouth in astonishment.

"How did you know that? I hid my face." I asked stamping the book on my laps whilst gesticulating my face.

"By your hair." He abruptly said without any thought.

"Hair?"

By my hair? Really?

He ignored my question by asking his. "What are you doing here?"

I stood up, straightened the creases of my T-shirt and stretched my arm towards him.

"Hello, Mr. Loren Blake," I said in a calm voice.

He wrinkled his brows while looking at my hand.

Shake it already!!! Stop thinking.

He shook my hand and stared at me. "Nice to meet you, Miss. Levy Troustkey."

"Have your seat Mister and let's sign the deal," I said turning away from him to the table.

"Sorry I am not going to sign the deal with you." He shoved his hands in his trousers pockets and turned to leave.

What? Why? Don't you dare to leave it's my office, not your class!

I suddenly walked in front of him to stop him. "Why not?" I asked keeping my voice as calm as I could and looked straight into his eyes.

"I don't want to. That's it." He stepped aside to walk further.

I didn't move from my spot and spoke to his back. "You should have a valid reason to cancel this contract."

This made him turned and marched towards me, too close might I add. keeping only an inch distance between us, he spoke while lowering his eyes to meet mine. "I don't sign deals with kids."

What the hell!!

I am not a kid! You are not much older than me. Look more like a student rather than a lecturer and calling me a kid.

I controlled my mind by repeatedly asking myself to keep calm.

"That is not a valid reason," I said calmly. "There is nothing illegitimate about our contract." I supplied ignoring how close we were.

This made him stop and stand for a while.

"If you agree on something which I ask. I will accept this contract." He said, standing close and gazing into my eyes.

I have to agree, what if he says I am not legally mature to make contracts.

"What is it?" I asked, not breaking our eye contact.

"As I don't want a kid to be an equal partner of mine. Over the top, the one who is my student." He said, cold as always.

"But this is a 50-50 contract."

"I know." He bends a little to face me.

I inched back to avoid his closeness. I was able to move a little, then my shoes hit the bottom of the table.

"Call me sir." He demanded.

"What?" I heard it correct. Yet asked again to make sure did I heard correct?

"Don't your thick head get things at once?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows, without moving his gaze from mine.

No way I am going to call him sir. Thick head!. It's the second time he said that. What does he think of himself?

I cleared my throat and spoke.

"Firstly, I'm not going to call you sir. I'm not your slave to do so. And secondly, I don't have a thick head." I protested.