19. Darkness

I got home and quickly changed into a suit. Taking my fake glasses and hairpin, I drove to the office. As usual, I was late. My three spare suits of the office were already used and I forget to put more of them. My mind that was busy with the usual stuff, was dashed back on yesterday's incident. I have to talk to him. Not sure what to talk but I need to. When I reached, I took my private elevator and to my surprise, Loren arrived at the same time and stepped in. Just his presence was building up the weird feeling in me.

There was no reaction from my side, I started arranging the list of my questions. Ask him! My inner voice was pushing it up. The distance from the ground floor to the seventh increased drastically, making a slow-motion movement that suddenly halted on a random floor. The elevator was off and this big box turned all dark. I tensed up not by the darkness but by the thought of being locked in a little darkroom. Blinked a couple of times to capture any view, but what I caught was only darkness. My ears seemed block with a whistling sound on repeat mode.

DARKNESS

Darkness can be measured by the absence of light,
Things vanish in presence of its sight.
It's a feeling of not knowing your surroundings, cannot seeing the color they hold,
When your eyes seem dead and senses feel cold.
It is frightening when you cannot hear the chirping of insects or tick-tock of a clock,
People fear it's presence yet, it holds a place in one's heart.
We hide it behind, covering it with light,
Even the sun hide behind darkness when it's the night.
They say one experience light only in the presence of dark, their words are faithful.
As darkness is terrifying yet beautiful.

I felt a warm breath at the side and of my neck which accelerated my heart as if someone spoke at my back. A relief form as I was not alone here, but it was unstable by the awareness of 'his' presence. Ignoring it, I stepped back and touched his hand.

"Can we talk?" I asked slowly in a low voice.

He took my hand and we sat at one corner side by side. My heart was racing up by each second. I could feel his shoulder touching mine. He didn't let go of my hand instead kept it on his lap and covered it with his. My hands turned cold and sweaty like always. His presence was neither bothering me nor I felt insecure. Instead, I was liking it in a weird way.

"Do you have your phone?" I asked, unable to find mine. Maybe I left it at home or at Jacob's place.

"Yes, but it's dead."

Silence formed after our little conversation. He started grazing the back of my hand with his thumb. His touch was increasing the weird feeling along with my heartbeat. And was leaving the warmest in me. I felt his hand on my hair, he took some strands of my hair and bend close in my direction, I couldn't see him but his presence was sensible.

"Is breá liom do chuid gruaige agus ar an mbealach smell tú" [I like your hair and the way you smell]

He spoke close to my face that his warm breath was brushing against my neck, giving me an exotic sensation. Without knowing our proximity, I pulled back letting my heart calm down which was racing. 

"Speak an understandable language," I said, steadying my voice and internally repeated those words to remember it. I know he wasn't going to tell me the meaning.

He made a chortling sound in my response. "What do you want to talk about?" And asked, continuing his stoke.

"Who was that red Lady?" I asked in a low voice. My heart was still racing high on his action.

His warm and hard hand was giving a soft touch.

"Red Lady? Who's that?"

"I mean, that Lady who was with you last night in the restaurant."