24. Puzzle

I am sneaking out.

I planned to sneak out smoothly from my house. It would have been better if it was the night. However, I am going but before that, I have to talk to Lady Anna to apologize to her properly once again. I knocked at the door and entered. She was sitting on the bed folding the clothes. Clearing my throat, I walked towards her.

"Why haven't you packed before?"

"You aren't ready yet?" She questioned me, ignoring mine.

I glanced at myself, I was still wearing his shirt.

"I'll get ready soon, and you? You're coming too. Right?"

"No."

"Why? Where are you going then?"

"I cannot leave my sister."

I was quiet after her reply. She's right, she cannot come with us wherever we go.

"Hmm." I nodded and was staring at my feet.

She beckoned me to sit beside her. As soon I sat I began my sorry.

"I am sorry, I shouldn't have said that."

She nodded which shows she's still hurt. I took a deep breath and tried to change the topic.

"When will you move to your sister's place?"

"Tomorrow."

Again silence formed. I am always bad at having conversations.

"Go get ready." She said and was back on arranging her clothes.

I went back to my room, changed my clothes and tiptoed to the front door.

Just go out how you normally do.

I slowly opened the door and stepped out, no one was visible around. I can find Jacob on the way. After walking some steps away from the house a hand caught my shoulder. Please, not brother's eagles.

"Where are you going?" A familiar voice spoke.

"Jacob." I turned to face him. "Come with me." And dragged him by his hand.

Not too soon we hit a man, a man no other than brother's eagle.

"Jake run!" I said and tried to run but before we could run, he caught my hand which halted me on my heels.

"Get in the house." He dragged me in.

When those men can save me from the kidnappers and from an unknown location. They can surely catch me if I try to escape again.

"Who is he? What happened to your head?" Jacob asked when we're inside the house.

I told him about the kidnapping and us leaving, he was as stunned as I was.

"Stop joking." He said in a serious tone.

"I am not joking." My voice was the same as his.

"Levy you can't leave like this." He spoke softly, taking steps closer to me.

"I know." Again tears welled up in my eyes.

"Why then?" He asked gently, placing his hands on my shoulders.

"It's not in my hands."

"When are you going?" He asked.

"Within an hour."

"When are you returning?"

"I don't know."

"Why were you sneaking out?"