21. Identity

Jacob asked, what took me so long. I simply lied about finding the broach. I don't know why I am hiding things from him. Tomorrow I am going to tell him everything. Everything about my work, about Loren. Wait, what about Loren? I don't know, but I am telling him. I don't wanna hide anything from him. He's my friend for 9 years. We were in a restaurant having lunch and I don't feel like eating. Jacob was not in his usual self which made me worry. Jeal was still in her white dress I changed it into my comfy jeans and T-shirt before leaving. I was turning a fork on my plate while looking out through the glass window. Tomorrow is the weekend I'll ask him to spend time with me.

"Levy " Jeal's voice broke my planning.

"Yes." I turned my head in her direction.

"Why aren't you eating?"

"I am not hungry ." Though I am only on a toast since morning.

"Is everything alright?" Jacob asked.

"Everything is completely fine." I smiled at him.

He nodded and continued to eat his food. This was again not normal he would have normally asked me again whether everything's fine or not. Now I need to talk to him. After having food there was a discussion going on to whom he should drop first. My home was at a walkable distance from here, so I asked him to drop Jeal. He didn't agree at first, somehow I convinced him. While they were leaving I messaged Jacob 'wait' he read it and halts at the door. When he turned his face towards me, I messaged him again 'have to talk'. Asking Jeal to wait in the parking lot he came in with a fake excuse. It's not like I don't want to involve her, I just want him to be comfortable.

"What happened?" He sat beside my chair.

"What happen to you?" I asked.

"Nothing. What will happen to me?"

"Don't question my question, just answer it."

"There's nothing to answer"

"Jake is everything alright? You're worrying me." I touched his hand.

"What do you think is wrong with me?" He again questioned.

"I don't know Jake, but I want to know." My voice was more like a murmur.

He leaned back in the chair and ran his fingers through his hair.

"Gotcha!" I said loud enough which made him smile. His action was readable.

"Ok, let's have a talk tomorrow."

I glimmered my brightest smile at him. "Can we spend the weekend together?"

"One condition."

"What?"

"Lift up the curtains from your secrets."

"Promise."

"Jeal is waiting." He stood up and gave a quick kiss on my cheek. I was stunned by his action and quickly dragged my chair back. He chuckled. "Take a safe route." and walked away.

Contemplating his kiss, I sat there for a while. After 15 minutes, I stood up to leave, it was getting dark outside. My mind was still stuck on his action and I was slowly walking from one lane to another. When I reached the end of a lane and turned right, someone pulled me back into a car and I heavily fall on the back seat. A hand moved from behind to front and covered my mouth. I tried to slip down from that hand but another man began pushing me back from the front.

What's happening to me?

I tried to move but the heaviness of that man didn't let me do what I was trying to. So, I did what was easy and kicked his groin. His hands automatically moved from me to his injured body part. I took that as an opportunity and stepped out of the car. Not too soon the same man caught my T-shirt with one hand and pushed me onto the car's frame. My face hit hard on its metal and my hands were twisted turned back.

"Don't let her go." The man said and my hands were being tied.

"She kicked my balls, I am gonna fu*k her before we give her to the boss." This was another voice.

"Keep your f*ck'n mouth shut!" The first voice responded this make sure there were two men.

I was scared. I have to run. Run far from them. What are they going to do with me?

I felt some fingers covering my eyes which raised my head up. Then a blindfold was tied on. My body was turned around with my back leaning against the frame. My mouth was free so I began to shout for help. Barely one scream left, a hand covered my mouth. I bite that hand and ran. Unable to see the way, I unsteadily ran straight away from them. The moment I did, hard hands wrapped around me lifting me up. I squirm my body only to make the grip further tight, hurting my bones.

"She's tougher than she looks. Get her in the car."

I was thrown in the back seat where my legs were being tied by one man while the other tied a cloth on my mouth.

How can no one notice me? Isn't anyone around? Or they deserted the place first.

Fear took over my body as I laid there tied unable to see anything. A sound of door getting closed contacted my ears then car accelerated and took speed. What should I do? What will happen to me? Who's their boss? Then I hushed myself. Be calm! Be calm. Count, count, yes count the seconds. I began to count seconds which I saw in a movie to note the distance. After 250 seconds that is approximately 4 minutes, the car made a right turn. Make a note, 'after 4 minutes right turn', count again. I told myself and again restarted my counting but soon it was interrupted by their words. My mind left every process it was doing and ears were focused on their conversation.

"Does her brother will pay for her?"

Brother! They know him.

"Why wouldn't he?"

"What if he leaves her like her father?"

Father?

Those words worked like needles all over my body. How do they know about father and brother?

And now my curiosity about their conversation grew more. Speak more, let me know! My mind was shouting at them.

"I don't think his brother is-" he cut off his sentence with. "Shit! Speed up the car."

And I could feel the car does speed up with some drifts on right and left. I lost my counting and turns. So, I tried to stand on my feet to be able to be viewed outside the window. Whoever sees me can help me. The moment I was on my feet my tied legs imbalanced and I fall on the door, hitting my head hard. Again I fell hands on my body which pulled me up by my thigh and arm putting me back on the seat. A warm liquid flowed over my left eye and cheek. Is my head bleeding?

"Stay down." The same hands pushed me down.

Two-three horns were audible where the speed of the car kept on increasing. I again tried to lift up my body in the hope that the horn-producing people in the cars can see me. Between my efforts, the car took some drifts and turns which caused clashing of one car with another. My efforts went in vain when a knee pressed against my stomach keeping me as below as it could. I tried to displace my position but no use, it was hurting me. Then a cloth pressed against my face with sweet scent causing dizziness in me.

My head began to feel heavy either my hurt or by the scented cloth. In both cases, I was losing consciousness. The car halted with swift U-turn with many horns beeping around, making my head hurt more. With my little leftover sense, I heard the sound of the door being opened. Then felt hands under me, lifting me up with one hand below my knees and other on my back. Hearing the sounds of men shouting around and beeping of horns, I lost my consciousness, engulfed by darkness.

••••••••••••••••

What do you think will happen to her?

Who kidnapped her and why?

H.LOCKHART.