Chapter 21- Tobias

EDITED

Chapter 21- Tobias
I walked out of the cafeteria and rushed to my car. I have to get to the hospital because I know mom won't be able to handle this. I quickly drove to the hospital where they took dad. Parking the car I ran up to his room. I saw mom sitting in the waiting area.

"Can we see him?" I asked mom.

"No, surgery is still going on." She sobbed.

"What happened?" I asked.

"He was drunk as usual and then he dashed into another car. It was all an accident."

"Oh no." I sighed.

"Where is Delilah?" Mom asked.

"I didn't tell her. She shouldn't miss her school for today at least. I'll pick her up today and tell her everything."

"Okay." Mom said.

"Was he really bad?" I asked.

"I don't know." Mom said in a voice that was barely a whisper. After a few moments, the doctor came out.

"How is he?" I asked.

"Fine. He'll recover but it's a slow process. I need a family member here, day and night for at least three days."

"I'll be there." I quickly answered.

I have to be there for him even though he had abused me. He is my dad and I can't change that fact. Plus no one else can stay here. If mom stays she will lose on money and I won't let Delilah stay here. We payed the hospital fees and bought the required meds. I left to pick Lila up.

"Come on in." I said as Lila cams closer to the car.

"Wait, didn't you go home?"

"I'll explain just get in." I spoke. She got in an I started driving.

"What happened?" She asked.

"Dad was in an accident."

"Oh my gods. Why didn't you tell me?!"

"I didn't wanna stress you out Lila."

"So is he fine?"

"Yea. But I have to stay at the hospital for two days and be with him."

"Are you sure you will be okay?"

"Lila, I don't know but there isn't a choice. I have to do this."

"Okay. I'll call Caleb and tell him that I won't come to school for two days."

"No! No..." I stopped.

"But why?"

"Because we can't let our friends know. They will want to come to the hospital and will get worried and stuff let it be." I said.

"Oh just say it that Adele will be worried."

"Yea, whatever." I sighed.

Two days without her. I sighed again. What am I gonna do? We reached the hospital and dad was still unconscious. It's a bit weird how I still care for him, how Lila still cares for him. Maybe that's what a family is all about.

Hey you okay? -From Cupcake.

I'm fine. -To Cupcake.

What happened? -From Cupcake.

Nothing actually. It's just fine. Chill. - To Cupcake.

Oh okay meet you at school. - From Cupcake.

Okay. - To Cupcake.

She texted me and I couldn't even tell her the truth. But it's for the better. I don't want her to be worried. It's just two days man. Come on, suck it up. It's not like you guys are even dating. Plus mostly she likes Blake. Now that they are okay with each other.....

Don't get me wrong, I really like her. Even love maybe. But that does not mean I take away someone she likes. Blake is her friend. If making the two patch up means ruining our chances of being together, so be it.

"Water." Dad groaned.

"Here." I said handing him water.

"Where am I?" He asked.

"Hospital. Now wait till I call the doctor." I sighed and rang the bell.

The doctor came in with two nurses and ran some checks. They injected some stuff in him and checked the machines and changed some stuff after which they were done. When will this get over?

"He's fine. But we still have to check for healing for all internal injuries." The doctor said.

"Can I talk to him?" I asked.

"Sure."

"Dad how do you feel?"

"Who are you?" Ohkay.........

"Memory loss. Most common problem. We have to check if the damage is temporary or permanent. Till then, do not remind the patient of the past."

"Okay." I nodded.

"So, you are you?" Dad asked again.

"Tobias. You are my relative." I answered.

"Oh. Could you help me because I can't remember anything."

"I will. But maybe you have a memory loss. Let the doctors confirm this."

"Memory loss?"

"You were in an car accident."

"Okay." I think the meds started kicking in because then, he fell asleep again.

One day later

Where are you? -From Adele.

Why didn't you come to school? - From Adele.

Dude are you even alive - From Adele.

I'm worried now, reply ASAP - From Adele.

I didn't reply. Not a single message I typed to her. It's not like I want to trouble her. It's just that I don't want to lie. More than anyone I know how much she hates lies and I accept that quality and that's why I don't want to text back because then I will have to lie.

Also the damage to dad's brain is permanent. Which means he can't remember anything. The doctor has told us that we can remind him stuff slowly starting with family members. Is this a new beginning for me? Will I be free of abuse?

One more day later

Where the hell are you?! -From Adele.

I swear if this a joke, I'm gonna kill you. -From Adele.

Tobias are you even okay? -From Adele.

I talked to Lila but she says she doesn't know where you are. -From Adele.

Tobias everyone is asking about you. -From Adele.

Fine. You don't wanna reply okay. I don't give a fuck. I know you're reading this because WhatsApp shows blue ticks. -From Adele.

That was it. Her last message. God knows what's gonna happen when I go to school tomorrow. There will be questions and I'll have to answer them. But tomorrow everything I say will be nothing but the truth. Well then, tomorrow come soon.

A/N
Hey people! So..... Wassup? I'm really falling behind on schedule with my updates because I have missed a lot in college and covering up is a pain. I'm also thinking of increasing the size of the chapters so let's see.

Luv XOXO,
Fangirl _Leo©