Chapter 30- Tobias

Chapter 30- Tobias
I woke up as the light hit my face. I sat up straight and felt tired. I groaned as my head swelled in pain. God... What happened yesterday? I walked out of my room to find some pain killers and water.

"You're awake." Delilah smiled.

"Did Adele come home yesterday?" I asked.

"No, not at all." Delilah replied.

"But I remember her being there. Are you sure?"

"Yes. Plus you were drunk. You must have imagined stuff." She shrugged.

"I was? Why I don't I remember?"

"You drank a lot after what dad told you. Maybe that's why you're so lost."

Dad. Truth. Twin. Pain flared up in my chest once again as I remembered last night's conversation. Maybe I did drink a lot. That explains the headache I guess.... Why else would I not remember right?

"Mom and Dad, where are they?" I asked.

"Mom's gone to visit her mom and dad has gone to take a break. So basically we have the house to ourselves for about three weeks."

"Okay let's get ready for school." I sighed.

I took a warm shower but it didn't help. The pain was still there and thoughts kept running in my mind. Mostly about my twin. How would it be to have a twin? Would the two of us be similar in nature? Would she be connected to me?

As in would I feel her pain and she mine? Guess I'll never know. And who is responsible for this? Me! I'll never be able to know how my life would have been if I had a twin sister. Life sucks.... Sucks as fuck.

I stood in the balcony without any movement. I looked down towards the grass. If I fall from here, I won't even die. I need a higher building if I have to kill myself. Don't worry I'm not killing myself. Just checking the probabilities.

"Tobias I'm leaving." Delilah announces.

"Okay." I call back.

She goes with Caleb now. I don't mind those two honestly. Yea sometimes I like playing the overprotective brother but I know Caleb is a nice dude. He'll take of my little ball of happiness. I love her too much, she'll always be a tiny girl for me.

Later I eat and sit in my car and drive off. As I reached school, I made myself tough. No one can know what's going on, no needs to know. I'm fine by myself and I don't need anyone. As I got out of my car, my eyes met Adele's. I tried my best to look emotionless even though a thousand emotions were coursing through me.

I reached late for English. The teacher yelled at me, I said sorry end of story. I had to sit with Adele.... How am I supposed to control my feelings if I have to sit right next to her and do the project with her?!

"Why are you late?" Adele asked.

"None of your business." I snaps.

"What crawled up your ass and died?" She asked.

"Just shut up Henswood or I swear I'll kick you out."

"And I won't so the project." She snapped back.

"I should have known. You're just finding out ways to get out of it." I smirked.

"No! I'm not. I said what I meant that day. I'll do it." She said.

"Good." I said going back to my expressionless face.

"So now, one by one I will call out the names of the couple and I want one of you to come forward and take the baby I give you." The teacher said and we all nodded.

"I'll go get it." Adele said and I just gave a nod in return.

Few minutes later our name was called and Adele went to take the baby. It was a girl. She looked so real.... So true. If it wasn't for her eyes, I'd never realize she was fake. Then we were instructed again.

The teacher told us how to take care of the baby and that she'd cry when she's hungry, sleepy, needs a nappy change etc etc. They also told us to go shop for her stuff like diapers and clothes and stuff. There would be a counter in the baby to record the amount of time she has cried for so the lesser the time, more the grade.

"But what to we do if the kid starts crying in class?" A girl asked.

"Oh no don't worry about that. You have to submit your babies at the office before you start school so that won't be a problem." The teacher replied.

"Okay." The girl replied.

The class ended pretty soon and Adele and I didn't talk. Lunch came and went. I didn't go to the cafeteria. I spent it in the parking drinking coffee. I wanted to smoke a bit but I have decided that in such a condition if  I do any drug, I'll get addicted and I can't afford that.

"Why you here Tobias?" Lilly asked.

"Nothing much Lilly, I'm just going to class."

"Oh come on. Maybe we can skip together." She gave a sly smile and and out her palm on my chest.

"Uhh... No thanks." I awkwardly smiled.

"How long will you wait for Adele Tobias? Forget her. Be with me." She whispered in my ear.

I drifted into the thought mode. Adele.... She's going on a date with Blake. Lilly is right. Adele is not mine anymore so what's the point? She was never mine. I just took too much time to confess to her. So I should more on right?

Before I knew it, Lilly pressed her lips on mine. It didn't feel right but in the heat of the moment, I kissed her back. I need something intimate. I fell weak. When I pulled away, I saw Adele in the distance shaking her head in disbelief.

Something in me clicked and then came the wave of regret. But why? Why do I feel this? It's not like I'm dating her.....

A/N
Hey guys.... Another chapter... Well, let's see when I next put up an update.

Luv XOXO,
Fangirl _Leo©