Chapter 40- Adele/ Tobias

Adele's POV
I changed and drove to the airport. Caleb left me a note. That's how I know he's coming back today at this time. I spotted the gang waiting for him but didn't go there. That would take too much courage. So I stood there in the corner.

When I saw him everything went into slow motion mode. Suddenly everything seemed brighter. You know how it is in the movies right? The very same way. I saw everyone meet him, I saw him smile. The way he smiled made me smile too.

I will be a liar if I say that he hasn't become hotter. He looks so freaking sexy. That's when it happened. His eyes met mine. The smile on his face disappeared and the fake mask come on. I could see it. His eyes bored into mine and I did the same.

I was mesmerized. How could someone look so good? How could someone's eyes talk about their heart? I couldn't look away because his eyes were like magnets. But then he broke eye contact. He looked away like he never saw me.

"Let's go. Im daym tired." I heard him say.

Tobias along with evey else walked away. Tears brimmed my eyes threatening to fall. I deserve this. I deserve this for breaking his heart. I deserve this for not treating him right. Outside the airport at the closest wine shop I bought some beer.

Sipping the heavenly liquid from the bottle I drove home. I'm lucky that I can handle my drinks. I sat in my balcony looking at everyone enjoy in Tobias's room. I hate this feeling. Loneliness is all I feel. I sat there all afternoon.

The way Ann touched Tobias, I swear I wanted to kill her. How dare she? When I couldn't take it anymore I fell back on my bed trying to drown in sleep but nothing helped. Even 5 beers was pretty less.

I checked Caleb's cupboard for more supply of beer and luckily I found a carton full of it. No Caleb is not an alcoholic but Jeremy stores his beer in Caleb's cupboard. Don't ask me why. I picked up 3 more bottles and sat in the car. This time I drove to my spot.

Only I know about this spot. It is my little secret hide out in the public garden. It's a small cave like place with a do not enter sign outside. I was the only one stupid enough to enter. And from that day onwards I come here very often.

I opened another bottle and chugged the drink down my throat. I was drinking but it only seemed to increase my thirst. My throat felt dry and burnt. I can't lose him. I can't. Shit shit shit!

Tobias's POV
I didn't respond. Two years I spent forgetting her but now when I saw her, my heart couldn't stop racing. I wanted to look in her eyes, get lost even but I knew I couldn't so I looked away.

I walked out with the gang pretending I never saw, pretending she didn't affect me. I thought I was over her but no. I'm not. All of us went to my house to party. It was just us. That's when Caleb started talking to me.

"Did you meet Adele?" Caleb asked.

"If she doesn't wanna meet me why should I go meet her?" I argued.

"You and I both know she was at the airport. You ignored her." Caleb said.

"Yes I did! Just like her right?! She ignored me when I requested her to be mine. She never listened. Now that I'm popular she wants me?!??!"

"Never! Never ever say this to her. She fucking loves you!"

"More like loves my fame."

"Come with me." Caleb said.

"Where?"

"Just come on."

He held my arm and pulled me to his house. He took me to Adele's room. I didn't understand why because if he wanted us to patch up, it was never happening. But then I saw what he was trying to show me.

It was a wall full of me. When I left this place, I thought I left her life too. But no. She has me living in her room. My fingers traced the articles on her wall. The way she scribbled on my articles with other female models made me smile.

How did I think that she's so selfish? Why? I promised myself that when I come back from New York, I'll either be completely over Adele or get the ability to fight for her. Getting over part, I don't think is possible. So I have to fight for her.

"Where is she?" I asked.

"I don't know." Caleb replied.

"Call her. Please." I requested. Caleb dialed her number.

"Switched off."

"It's getting late. I'm gonna go find her." I took my coat, car keys and left.

Where can she be? Coffee shop? I'll go check. I drove to all the nearest coffee shops but she was no where. Her favourite salon? I drove there but no. Where could she go? There has to be some place she goes to where no one can find her.

I don't know where to go. I just sat in the car, thinking. I have to read her texts. It is now or never. So I picked up my phone and viewed her first text. My heart stopped beating and my eyes shone.

I love you. -From Cupcake.

Where are you Tobias? -From Cupcake.

I'm at my spot at the park. This is my favourite cave. I like thinking here. Can you come back? -From Cupcake.

Only if I had read her texts earlier, I would have been back sooner. Now I have to find her. Wait..... The park text! I read it again..... If she goes there often she could be there right now too. Let's go.

I quickly drove to the park. I searched for a cave. I have never been to this place but I'll find it. I spotted only one cave with a 'Do not enter' board. That's it. Just the place Adele would like. I thought Cupcake and Prince Charming had ended but no. Here I am, waiting to see my Cupcake.

A/N
Boom! Another cliffhanger! Dont kill me guys ;)

Luv XOXO,
Fangirl _Leo.