Chapter 29-Adele

Chapter 29-Adele
After my whole interrogation session, Tobias just walked out angrily and I didn't bother following him. He's being weird these days an I honestly can't deal with his drama. I mean he's overreacting on the smallest of things!

Blake stayed for dinner but the others left. It was a super awkward dinner and mom's efforts to make it seem normal were making it even more awkward. Finally when mom and dad left and went back to their room, I sighed.

"Awkward dinner?" Blake asked.

"Yea, it was getting stuffy." I replied.

"But your mom was pretty cool about it. It's your dad that got me worried. He was glaring at me all the time, I swear I wanted to run away." Blake said and I chuckled.

"You should go home Blake. It's pretty late." I suggested.

"Kicking me out so soon yea?" Blake smirked. That's when Lila gave me a call.

"Please.. Adele, come home... I called Caleb too.... Tobias... He's not good please." She cried.

"What's it?! I'm reaching don't worry at all." I hung up put a jacket over my outfit and ran next door.

"Where are you going?!" Blake yelled in the distance.

"I'll tell you tomorrow. Go home now!" I yelled back at him and heard a faint 'okay'.

The door of the house was already open and I just went in. In the living room, Delilah was on the couch sobbing while Caleb was consoling her. My eyes searched the room for Tobias. He sat on the floor in the corner of the room. Frozen, his eyes wide open but not blinking. I ran to him.

"Tobias" I called.

No response

"Tobias are you okay?" I asked.

No response

"Tobias listen to me! What happened!" I cried.

No response.

I hugged him and his face buried in my neck. All of a sudden I felt his cold body. I wrapped my arms around him and he finally showed motion my wrapping his arms around me. I could feel him cry because his tears trailed down my neck.

"Shhh.... It will be fine." I whispered and stroked his hair.

"No no! It can't be, it won't be!" He kept crying.

"Tobias just let it all out. I'm there for you."

"Will you always be there?" I asked.

"Yea, always. We'll always be friends." I smiled.

"Thanks."

That night Caleb stayed with Lila in bed. I tucked Tobias in his bed and was about to walk away when he held my hand. I took a chair and sat next to his bed for the while night. My hand in his. And just like that, everything felt just fine.

NEXT MORNING

When I woke up, my back felt soar and arm ached like a bitch. Tobias was still asleep looking innocent as even. I placed a kiss on his forehead and walked out of his room. Caleb and Delilah were already up having breakfast.

"Hey... How are you now?" I asked sitting beside her.

"Better. All because of Caleb." She smiled.

"How's Tobias doing?" Caleb asked.

"He's still sleeping."

"Generally he never sleeps when this shit happens." Delilah said.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Our dad was being his abusive self and today even mom saw. But today a truth came out. A truth no one knew."

"What?" I asked.

"I think it's better if Tobias tells you." Delilah said.

"Oh okay."

"We should leave." Caleb suggested.

"Yea. Lila, don't tell Tobias I was here. He just saw me at night so tell him it was a dream maybe. I don't know." I requested.

"But why?"

"He's already mad at me. I don't want to give him more trouble."

"Okay." She smiled as we left.

Last night kept playing in my mind. It was like a movie playing over and over again. What can so to help him? I'm already doing the baby project and the worst part is that it starts today! Will he at least come to school? That's when I heard honking..... Shit.... Blake is gonna pick me up for school today!

"10 mins!" I yelled from the window.

I quickly to a shower and changed my favorite top and maroon high waisted skirt. Slipping into my heels I did the make at full speed and practically ran down the stairs. Bidding goodbyes to mom, dad and Caleb, I sat in Blake's car.

"10 mins?"

"I'm a little late."

"More like half an hour." Blake chuckled and I blushed.

"Just drive!" I yelled.

"So what happened at Delilah's yesterday?" He asked as he started driving.

I should tell him right? He's my best friend. But the is this my truth to say? Won't it be like too personal to Tobias and Delilah? No, I can't say it. I have to make something up. I don't want to lie but well, no choice.

"Nothing much. She kinda fell in the bathroom so they needed a girl out there." I smiled.

"Oh okay."

The rest of the ride was silent. Blake parked the car and we got out. That's just when Tobias's car pulled in. His eyes met mine but something was different in them. They weren't warm, they were cold. It was as if Kronos and David (Divergent) came in together. Yup, that bad.

"Let's go?" Caleb said snapping me out of my trance.

"Yea. Come on."

First lecture is English. Yup, you guys forgot I guess. English is when we have the baby project happing. Do well, I'm waiting for Tobias to show up. The last bell rings and the teacher enters but he still isn't here.

"Sit with your partners." The teacher announced. That's when he enters.

"Why are you late?" The teacher asks.

"Sorry won't happen again." He says and enters. Without waiting for the teacher to respond. Somehow, the let's it slip too.

"Why are you late?" I ask.

"None of your business." He snaps.

"What crawled up your ass and died?" I asked.

"Just shut up Henswood or I swear I'll kick you out."

"And I won't so the project." I snapped back.

We glared at each other. That's how ladies and gentlemen, my day began.

A/N
Updating as and when I can. Enjoy.

Luv XOXO,
Fangirl _Leo©