Chapter 4.

I walked from journalism, to the parking lot. Most juniors have a free period either first or sixth but I wanted to take a writing class so I don't have a free period. But writing and reading mean a lot to me so I don't mind. When I make it to the parking lot I see Kalia talking to her "friend" Sam. He was tall but not too tall, he had blonde shaggy hair that everyone adored. He was the jock that everyone wanted. She saw me and flashed a smile, I smiled back at her and she held up a finger motioning me to wait one minute, I nodded and waited for her to walk over to me.

"Ready to go?" She asked, I nodded. I hooked my phone up to her bluetooth and turned on Sweater Weather by The Neighbourhood. I silently looked out the window and watched as everyone left school. The mall was about five minutes from the school so it wasn't much of a ride. It was the middle of December so it was quite cold in the square but I delt with it. We arrived at the mall, we parked and as soon as I opened the door and the cold winter air nipped at my nose. We were a bit early so we decided to walk around the mall until people started to circle up.

"Lets go to Hollister first." I said. Kalia nodded and we made our way to Hollister. When we walked in I smelt the strong scent of cologne. I made my way to the back where I bought most of my clothes. I bought two pairs of medium washed jeans, a new sweatshirt, and a couple sweaters. After we went to Starbucks, I ordered a tall peppermint hot chocolate and Kalia ordered the same. We sat and drank our hot cocoas and were off to the mini concert. 

"Hopefully they sing their cover for "I Miss You". Kalia exclaimed.

"Same, that's one of my favorites." I couldn't help but smile at the thought of Luke, Calum, Michael, and Ashton sitting about ten feet in front of me.

"I wonder where they're at?" I could tell Kalia was anxious, she loved them almost as much as she loved soccer, that was a lot.

"I'm not sure, maybe they are running a little late, that's their specialty." I laughed, Kalia laughed as well. I turned to fix my hair that had gotten caught in my zipper and out of the corner of my eye I see four guys all bundled up holding guitars and a box that I assumed was Ashton's drum for the day. 

"Oh, my, gosh, Kalia. Look at Luke I-" I couldn't even talk, this meant so much to me. But I had to act in a civilized manner so Luke didn't think I was one of those crazed, obsessed fans. I looked at Kalia and tears were already streaming down her face and they haven't even spoken yet. There were a lot of girls there maybe even a couple of boys. I could tell some of the girls were not true fans by just looking at them, but others looked like girls I would want to make friends with. 

After all four of the boys got set up they introduced themselves. Their first song was "Gotta Get Out" I smiled as Calum and Luke teased each other. It was hard to believe they were right here in front of me playing. I would have never thought they would come back after last year, but here they are.

~Luke's POV~

After we finished playing "Gotta Get Out" I laughed as Ashton made a joke, everyone laughs as well too. There was a girl in the front with long blond hair wearing leggings, boots, a sweater with some moose on it, and a purple beanie. I laughed at her adorable choice of outfit, I finally realized who it was "Drew." I said aloud. 

"What?" Michael asked. Shit, I can't do this here, just brush it off.

"Oh I-Uh-Its-Um". I stuttered for what it seems like ages. "Nothing." I finally seem to spit. 

"Are you-" He started. 

"It's nothing bro." I interrupt. He nods and we all ask the girls what they want to hear and a majority answered with Beside You, I take the pick from in between my teeth and start strumming. 

"Within a minute I was all packed up, I've got a ticket to another world, I don't wanna go, I don't wanna go, sudden words are hard to speak, when your thoughts are all I see, don't ever leave she said to me." Calum sang. I was up next come one Luke focus.

"When we both fall asleep underneath the same sky, to the beat of our hearts at the same time, so close but so far away." I realized I was looking right into Drew's eyes. Look away. Look away.