Chapter 15.

Annie and I spent the most of the night eating coffee ice-cream and watching Toddlers and Tiaras because that's just what we knew best. We talked and caught up on a lot because lately I noticed that I had been very distant. 

I looked at the clock and it was already midnight. Annie was starting to drift into sleep when I came up with a plan. "Annie." I shook her awake until hopped from the bed and onto the floor. 

"I'm super tired Drew, what do you want?" 

"I want you to get up so we can do something that is going to be extravagant." Not really. She slowly brought herself to sit up on the bed. "What is this all about?" 

"You drove here right?" She looked at me like I was stupid as I said that. 

"Of course I did. Do you think I walked?" She cackled. I gave her a sarcastic smirk. "Tell me what you are up to or else I will "walk" home." She said using her fingers as parenthesis, laughing obnoxiously. I gave her a dirty look and explained my plan. "There is no way in hell I am doing that. Are you out of your mind?" She practically yelled at me.

I rubbed my hands together as I slipped on a pair of jeans and my guns n' roses t-shirt and grabbed my black and white vans. "Are you coming? Or do I have to walk?" 

"If we get caught and I lose my spot as Senior Class President then I swear I will skin you and leave you for vulture food." Annie was in a violent mood. 

"Why would you lose your spot as Senior Class President is my only question." 

"Well you never know, we could get in trouble with the police and then Mr.Casera could take away my part, I'm just freaking out." I grabbed her hand and drug her down the stairs being as quiet as possible. 

"The police what the hell? We will be fine." Something this simple would not get us in that much trouble. In this moment all I cared about was Luke, I missed him so much it was insane.

I opened the door slowly and a loud creak that I swear was so loud it could have awoke the dead shuttered through the house. "Go." I pushed Annie through the door so I could shut it fairly fast before my mother noticed we were missing. We both ran down the cement path leading to the main road. The grass smelt of wet morning dew and it was fairly cold for Los Angeles. 

I told Annie not to unlock the car with the key remote because it will cause the lights to turn on. She quickly put the key in the passenger door and then the drivers door. I climbed it, as did she and started the car. We drove slowly down my road until we made it to the highway. 

"So where exactly is this place." 

"I'll show you, just drive." 

After maybe ten minutes of drive we finally arrived at our destination. I stepped out of the car my exposed skin hitting the some what chilly Los Angeles air. I slowly approached the doors to the magnificently large building. I slowly opened the door and Annie was right behind me. 

"Hey, I'm not trying to be mean but I think this is something I should probably do on my own." Annie nodded and walked away, I thanked her and she sat in the car. 

I opened the door and walked to the front desk. There was a short pale man working at the front desk, he was on the phone and smiled at me as I approached the desk. I waited patiently for the man to get off the phone. 

"Hello, how may I help you." The man asked with a surprisingly high pitched voice for a middle aged man. 

"Do you allow calls to rooms?" I asked really polite. 

"It is fairly late for something like this, isn't it dear?" 

"Yes, I know and I'm really sorry. I just have a friend that I really need to speak to." I told the man with such a strong ambition you could hear it from a mile away. The man nodded and asked what room. I told him the room number and he hit a couple numbers on the phone and handed it to me. It was ringing for a long while before I heard a voice answer the phone. Michael. 

"Hello?" 

"Hi, may I speak to Luke?" 

"Um, sure. One second." I waited. "LUCAS. SOMEONE IS ON THE TELEPHONE FOR YOU." I heard some odd sounds and soon enough Luke answered the phone. 

"Come to the lobby, I have something for you." Before he could say anything I hung up the phone and stood patiently at the beginning of the hallway where the elevators were. 

A few minutes passed by and I see the elevator open I turn myself so he can't see me around the corner. I hear his loud foot steps turn the corner and I start singing:

"I've been here before a few times, And I'm quite aware we're dying, And your hands they shake with goodbyes." 

Luke stopped in his place, I could tell his eyes were filled with shock. I didn't know what else to do, I kept singing: 

"And I'll take you back if you'd have me, So here I am trying, So here I am are you ready."

Luke wasn't saying anything and I started to freak out inside, I slowly got quieter and quieter. I linked my hands together and bowed my head. This was such a stupid idea why did I even try I knew-. Before I could finish my thoughts I heard: 

"Come on let me hold you, touch you, feel you, Always, kiss you, taste you all night, Always." 

My head shot up and I saw Luke smiling as he sang the lyrics to the song we listened to in the car on our date. 

"What are you doing here, Drew?" Luke asked still smiling. 

"I really missed you." A frown spread across my face. 

"Why? Why haven't you been answering my texts?" My heart sank into my butt, he's been texting me.

"I got my phone taken away." I told him ashamed. I felt so bad coming here so late, but I can't stand not being able to talk to him. 

"For?" He asked putting his hands out. Gosh how cute was he. 

"It's a long gruesome story." 

"I've got time." 

"But I don't, well I mean before my mom realizes I'm gone and I get grounded even longer." I explain to him my stomach starting to turn at the thought of my mom finding out Annie and I are missing. 

"Then I'll come with you." My heart was no longer in my body after he said this. 

"Luke you-"

"Drew, this is more than likely the only time I will ever say this but I don't care what you say I am going with you, just let me go grab some stuff." 

I couldn't say one word before the blonde haired boy kissed me on the forehead and was in the elevator going up to his room.