Chapter 6.

~Luke's POV~ 

"Dude that was awesome." Michael claims. I nod in agreement. 

"The way that girl yelled at the other one, I would have never expected girls to fight over us like that." Ashton states. I laugh. Drew. I have to at least talk to her again, there is no way I'm going to make it through the rest of my time in LA without seeing her again. 

I decided to go on twitter and see what all the fuss was about. I opened the twitter app to see Drew's name everywhere, pictures of the concert, and funny edits. I tapped on her twitter to find a bird with a tie dye background as her icon and a snowy road as her header. I looked through her many tweets, many about her school days and how she hated people. I laughed at how cute she was. It appeared today was her birthday, many people were tweeting her telling her happy birthday. 

Before I could rethink what I just did I tweeted her: 

@cheesepuffluke 

Happy birthday

It was only minutes before everyone started tweeting her "CONGRATS" or "HE NOTICED" 

I clicked the button on the top of my phone and threw it to the other side of the couch. It was quite late and I was getting tired. Maybe if I got some rest things wouldn't be bugging me as much.

~Drew's POV~

I awoke the next morning to find Lead gone but a note on the side table by the couch. 

"Hey Drew,

I left to go home, I'll give you a ride to school today, be ready at 7.

Once again, Happy Birthday (:

-Lead"

That was really thoughtful of him, during the week Collin was never home. He was usually hanging out at his girlfriends house or just out. He never talked to me about where he was going. But since he was never home I usually had to take the bus, which was god awful. I glanced at the clock, it was already six. I tried turning on my phone but it seemed to be dead, I plugged it in and shuffled to the bathroom. 

I hopped in the shower, the warm water relaxing my tense muscles. The smell of mango filled the bathroom. After my shower I dried and got dressed. I put on a pair of medium washed Hollister jeans a gray oversized sweater, with black/white vans. I was ready by six fifty, so I decided to go on my computer. I sat at my white desk and waited for twitter to open. The @ symbol had a blue light under it which obviously indicated I had mentions. I clicked.

"What. The. Fuck." I almost screamed. Luke had tweeted me. Luke Robert Hemmings had tweeted me. I couldn't breathe, he said happy birthday, he knows my birthday. I heard the doorbell ring I couldn't move. Luke tweeted me. The doorbell rang again. 

I slowly stood from my computer and walked to the door, mascara running from my eyes. 

"Are you okay, what's wrong Drew?" Lead asked worry in his eyes. I tried talking but nothing seemed to come out.

"Lu-Luke." I was choking on my own tears, I couldn't help but cry, this was a dream come true. It sounds so pathetic and weak but only I truly understood how much this meant. I had almost forgotten Lead was standing in front of me in confusion.

"Luke tweeted me." I finally told him. He let out a massive sigh of relief. 

"I thought something bad had happened, don't scare me like that Drew." He said giving me a hug I laughed. "Are you ready to go?" He asked me. I nodded and walked inside to grab my bag and phone. My phone was charged by now and I saw how many notifications I had. I walked out the door bringing my make up to fix my ruined face in the car. I tweeted Luke back thanking him for the mention and put my phone in my bag. 

"Thank you." I said to Lead. He looked at me confused. "For the ride." I finished.

"No problem." He stated. Lead was such a nice guy. He had brown silky hair that stopped just before his baby blue eyes. His skin was white but not too white and he was the perfect height. "So what did Luke say?" He asked me breaking me from my thoughts. 

"Oh he umm, wished me a happy birthday." I said biting my lip to prevent myself from screaming. 

"Nice." He replied tapping his thumbs against the steering wheel to the beat of the song that was playing on the radio. "So what do you want to do today for your birthday?" He asked me. 

"Nothing, you know how I feel about my birthday." I laughed. I wasn't a big fan of birthdays, I never have been.

"Well you have to do something, you're seventeen now." 

"And your point is?"

"My point is, you don't have many birthdays left as a teenager, we are doing something." I sighed and ignored him. 

We finally arrived at the school and we walked to our lockers, we were Juniors so that meant we got to choose where our lockers were, mine was next to Kalia's and Lead. On the way to our lockers, I had a couple girls walk up to me and ask me about yesterday at the mall and we had a small conversation about Lacy Bradley and shared a couple laughs. When we arrived at our lockers I had seen that mine was decorated with different color ribbons and posters. 

"What the hell." I said to myself. 

"Happy Birthday bitch." Kalia said laughing as she comes from the corner and gives me a hug. 

"I have asked you every year not to do this and you still do." I state giving her a look of despise. 

"I know that's why I do it." We both laughed.

"Luke tweeted me." 

"What." She looks at me with wide eyes. She quickly goes on her phone and opens the twitter app. "Well fuck!" She screams receiving horrid stares. I look at her and laugh releasing one small shriek. 

"This morning I could barely walk, I have to see him again Kalia." She nods in agreement.

"Lets skip school." She blurts. I look at her like she is insane, I have never skipped a day of school, not one.

"No, there is no way." 

"Go, I'll cover for you guys." Lead says. 

"No, I have work to do. Besides we have finals next week" I tell them.

"It's one day Drew, do you want to see Luke again?" She asks. My heart aches at the thought of seeing Luke in person again. But school is something that I have always cared so much about, I just can't skip. 

"Drew, you have strait As, I doubt one day will bring them down." Lead adds. That is true, but I have worked hard to get those grades, and not skipping school helps for one. 

"I'm not going, and besides how are we supposed to find Luke in a city with over 3.000 people in it." I state proud of myself for standing my ground.

"Because a certain someone knows what hotel they happen to be at." Kalia says obviously flaunting it in my face. I was tired of arguing and I just wanted to see Luke, I finally gave in.