Chapter 10.

a/n: Merry Christmas! I was going to upload this late last night but I decided to save it for Christmas day! Merry Christmas, this is my gift to you guys, enjoy! xx.

I opened my eyes to see darkness. Usually when I awake in the morning the sun is shining bright. I slowly made my way to my window and opened it. I look up to see that the sky is a dark grey. I loved the cold so I was fine with the weather conditions. I made my way from my window and went to the bathroom and applied my make up which was extremely light today and pulled my hair into a pony tail. I pulled on my NYU sweatshirt and some Hollister jeans with my white converse. I grabbed my bag and went downstairs, to see what was for breakfast. I decided to have a bagel with extra cream cheese. When I finished my bagel I headed out the door. I went on my phone as I walked to my bus stop, I went through my twitter feed, I came across a tweet Luke had tweeted:

Luke Hemmings (@Luke5SOS):

0 brightness and yet my eyes are still burning 

I'm always thrown off by his tweets. They never seem to make sense to me but I always seem to understand them in some strange way. I heard the bus stop and go around the corner, I turned my phone off and put it in my back pocket. I finally see the bus off in the distance and it's only minutes before it stops at my stop. I step onto the bus and the smell of mint brushes against my face as the bus driver hands me a candy cane and tells me Merry Christmas. I thank her and smile, I decide to tweet Luke. 

drew. (@haroldsgrunge):

i have finals today.

wish me luck

Only two more days until the weekend and Christmas break. I can not wait, I am ready to be done with school. As much as I love it I can't stand it at the same time. It took what seemed like forever to arrive at the school. Maybe it was because I was tired, I was up late last night listening to music and reading The Fault in Our Stars for the fifth time this month. 

I jumped off the bus and headed to my locker. I do the same thing everyday, I need to do something new. I heard someone calling my name, I looked around and finally gave up heading towards my locker once more. I grabbed my English binder and headed to class. I still had at least half an hour before class started but I wanted to relax. 

I reached the English class and I opened the door. I greeted my teacher and sat in my seat I then put my ear buds in and listened to Lana Del Rey. I saw the door open as more and more people filled the classroom. I took out my ear buds and my ears started ringing from the clattered voices. When my English teacher finally calmed everybody it was peaceful. We all began our final and it was nice hearing only pencils being rubbed against papers and people sniffling from their runny noses. I was in each class for two hours, luckily I only had two classes. I somehow had managed to study even with all this madness happening with Luke. I had finished before everyone else, I looked back at the time and I still had an hour. I decided to read Looking For Alaska for the second time. 

"Okay class nice job. I hope you all did well." Mrs. Quintee says as I fold the page in my book to hold my place. I turn on my phone to see that it's nine-forty, time for break. There was a half hour break between the two hour periods. I stood up from my desk and walked to Annie and my other friend Mary. At the end of English everyday we small talk about how tired we are, homework, ect. Today it happened to be finals, surprising I know. Us three only exchange about four or five words. After we finish our "talk" we awkwardly stand until the bell rings, then we part ways until I meet up again with Annie, I don't talk to Mary again for the rest of the day. 

The bell rang and I exited the room. I decided to go buy a blue Gatorade before I meet up with my group. As I was walking down the stairs I heard my name being called. I turn to see Lead with his right arm up trying to wave me down. I stopped at the bottom of the stairs and waited for him to reach me.