Meeting Grey Wolf

Grey's P.O.V. Friday 11:00 P.M.

         I squeeze into the overcrowded club just like I squeezed into the leather jeans I'm wearing, with a good deal of swearing and minor successes along the way. The bass boosted music thrums in my ear drums but it's no rival to the pounding in my chest. This is going to be the biggest club I've ever performed at.  Rumor has it that Kpop idols frequent it, that and the fact it's a huge club is making my nerves soar right up to the distant ceiling. Roughly pushing through the crowd and accepting only one drink off a passing tray it takes me five minutes to reach the equally overcrowded bar.  I finally catch the eye of the bartender and flash him the Performance Card in my wallet, he nods and one of the bouncers guide me into the back room where I help myself to a strong shot of complimentary whiskey. After a few minutes of wasted time and non advised drinking someone who looks important struts in, pink silk shirt stuffed into tight plaid jeans. I put the bottle of alcohol down, replacing the crystal stopper and pushing it away.

"You are our performer for tonight, yes?"

He says, staring me down. I smirk and nod, money flashing behind my eyes.

"You're lucky to have me here sir.  I turned down a handsome offer to be at this club tonight."

I start politely, a tight smile on my face. He seems surprised at my brisk confidence and takes another sip of his red wine.

"Well then, I'll send someone to review your song list and make sure you're not performing anything...controversial.  We wouldn't want you offending anyone...now would we?"

He says, a fake accent layered over his dirty attempt at short changing me. I should have known, the world is still run by the men.

"No review, you can get me to backstage now, and you can pay me because I doubt you will after. I didn't say I'd give you a nice performance, I'm not some Girl band member who's going to go shake her ass and throw confetti to the crowd. I am an underground rapper, and I am a professional artist, so what I will do is get your club on the map...one way or another. Everyone knows that the rumors about Kpop idols being here are just that...rumors. So pay me now, and...oh sweetheart I'll make all the rumors true."

I say, voice dropping a register as I stand, a good foot taller than him. He stutters and looks at me aghast, hand splayed against his shaved chest.  My heels sink into the retro looped carpet as I walk up to him and take the wine glass out of his hands, red lipstick staining the rim as I sip, replacing it with my completely empty wallet.  He has the keys to back stage around his neck and I think about asking for them...instead I grab and pull, snapping the chain instantly.

"I'd like it in hundreds, I only take cash payments."

I swing the chain around my fingers, solitary key slapping into my palm with the flat gold now wrapped around my hand. My eyes dare him to take it back, to test me.

"That...that was solid gold!"

He stammers, the bouncer taking a warning step forward.

"Oh well."

I say, downing the rest of the red wine and slamming the glass on the bar table. He jumps back, a glimmer of anger flashing in his eyes at the woman who's staring him down. Intoxication makes me brave, but my heart is still beating faster than an electro pop beat as the nerves try to force their way up through the fake confidence I'm so practiced at displaying. A drawer is unlocked and opened, my empty wallet is lined and the relief of paid rent washes over me. I ignore the extra bills that stay in the drawer, they didn't know my gender till today and obviously were prepared to pay either sex. He finally nods, muttering a curse under his breath at me as I walk past him, the bouncer ready to lead me backstage.