Connected

"And you win the prize!!!!"

A W A K E !

I jolt up on the couch, yelping and flailing my arms before falling off. The rest of Exo are sitting around the breakfast table and they all turn and look at me, and I'm too ashamed to get up off the floor. So I flip the peace sign and cover my face with my hat...where's my hat?

Shit.

I glance around the floor and see it's a few feet away from me, so I pull myself over with one hand and use the other to cover my head, feeling my ears twitching. The members are watching me, dead silent as the weirdo slides across the floor to her hat,  I'm sure they all think I'm trying to cover up a bald spot or something, not a fully fledged extra set of ears.  Then Baekhyun gets up and I stop sliding, silently waiting to see if he's going to kick me, heck I'd kick me if I was him.  He gets close and I roll onto my side immediately curling up into a ball, ready for the coming abuse. 

Then I feel his hands prying mine off my head and he slides the slouch hat back on.

I hear his foot steps fade as he walks away. And I adjust my hat, slowly getting back onto the cough and covering myself up again head to toe, my only wish is to not endure any more embarrassment for the day. As much as I wish I could sleep my day away, more so my life, soon enough we're being herded out to a fan signing. I get dressed in a pair of loose jeans and a black shirt, bandana woven in and held in place with hair spray (something I've gotten very good at). The fan signing is in an open area, and we sit at a table, the fans already waiting when we arrive. I end up between Lay and Chen, nervously playing with my hands as the first fan comes up to me.

"Grey Oppa?"

She says, and I smile, nodding.

"Um...yeah. Hi."

She giggles and hands me a poster to sign, the first poster with me in it. The one of me and Baekhyun...oh.

"I ship you guys so much!!! Waaaa!"

She's so excited I start to giggle, signing the page and waving as she moves on to the other members. This is actually really fun, and Suho gives me the thumbs up that I'm doing well. So far all the fans seem to really like me, which is a relief. I've started doing the same thing Chanyeol does, and each time someone comes up for my signature I give them a high five. If I can get used to this, maybe I can become less nervous about physical touch. I look up to see a girl with bright red hair. I smile, putting out my hand, but she glares at me, and turns to talk to Lay. Lay gives me a confused look, before going back to talking with the fan.

Then it happens again.

And again.

Soon at least fifty percent of the fans are walking right past me, pretending I don't exist. It shouldn't hurt, but I feel myself hanging my head and praying for this to be over. I feel someone's shadow on me, but I don't want to look up to another mean face.

Then I feel something.

I wince and shrink down, someone is playing with my hair. Then the shadow moves and I look up, seeing the back of a girl. I reach up to touch my head and I feel...ears. I take out my phone and look in the camera, seeing she put a headband on my head with wolf ears. She also left a note on the desk in front of me.

Grey-ah! Don't worry about what the haters say, we love you and accept you as part of our EXO! Fighting!

I fiddle with the headband, blushing slightly and taking the note, putting it in my pocket. Lay notices me and nudges me, making little hearts with his fingers.

"The fans are cute aren't they?"

I remember how half of them walked past me, pretending I wasn't there. One even kicked me under the table.

But...yeah. Lays right. Most of the fans are sweet. I nod, scratching the back of my neck, feeling better.

"Yeah."

We finish the fan signing and head to an interview, where I'm thoroughly scolded by Suho about being nice this time. The interviewer is a short girl, who shakes everyone's hand before starting her interview.

"EXO! How are you adjusting to having your new member?"

I prop my elbows on the table, eying the members around me. I wonder what they're going to say..."

"He's different"

"He likes my cooking, so I like him."

"He's too quiet, he doesn't laugh enough."

"He sleeps a lot."

"He can't dance very well."

"He can rap better than me."

I'm turning my head back and forth, trying to remember all the things the members are saying so I can work on them later. I almost miss the question from the interviewer.

"Will you play a game with us now Grey-ah?"

"Umm...okay?"

I say, and I'm handed a piece of cloth.

"We are going to blind fold you, and then each of the members is going to do something and you have to guess who it is."

"Oh I don't think that'll be fun at all we shouldn't..."

But Suho grabs the blindfold and ties it on, making me huff in annoyance.

The I feels someone grab my hand and I flinch, not liking this at all.

"Okay Grey!! Guess who?"

Then whoever it is laces their fingers with mine, shaking my hand back and forth for a few seconds before walking away.

"Um...Chanyeol?"

...

"Correct!"

She claps, and I move on to the next member. Someone walks up to me, flicks my forehead, and leaves.

"How is he supposed to guess with that?"

I hear the members scold Kai, and I smirk. I can tell exactly where each of the members is because of their smell, so I think I'll ace this game.

"Kai"

"Suho"

"Lay"

"Baekhyun"

I'm smiling smugly by the end, having gotten all the questions right. The host is stunned, as well as the band by the end of the game. I enjoy my small upper hand while it lasts, and pretend to sleep on the way back as EXO theorizes how I did it.