C̵h̵a̵p̵t̵e̵r̵ 1̵7̵

"And the kids?" Captain Boomerang asked Diablo. Regina looked around disoriented after finally coming back from her flashback. What was he talking about?

"He killed them. Didn't you?" There was a silent pause after Harley made the conclusion. "Own that shit. Own it! What'd you think was gonna happen? Huh?" Regina had enough of all the yelling and turned to Harley with anger written on her face. "Just shut up already, will you?!" She yelled towards Harley, who looked taken back, but quickly continued.

"What, you were just thinking you can have a happy family and coach little leagues, and make car payments? Normal is a setting on the dryer. People like us, we don't get normal! And you Regina, grow up already. For gods sake, did you really think that he loved you?! Did you really think he wouldn't just use you like your own father did, like your own brother did."

"Why is it always a knife fight every single time you open your mouth? You know, outside you're amazing. But inside, you're ugly. And you have the guts to talk right now. You knew i was getting abused by my own brother, you knew he didn't love me! You knew he broke me, when i was already broken! Name one reason not to kill you right now, cause it sounds really appealing." Regina yelled while tears flowed over her cheeks. All the memories of her father and her brother were coming back to her. She was broken and Harley Quinn enjoyed it.

"We all are! Except for him. He's ugly on the outside, too." She said while looking at Killer Croc.

"Not me, shorty. I'm beautiful." He said while grinning. He slowly made his way over Regina and gave her a hug. "Yeah, you are." She said before hugging Croc back.

Soon Harley joined the two and engulfed Regina in a hug. "I know what you're thinking right now, and it wasn't stupid. You had hope, and that's something good. Reg, don't let that bastard take you down."

Regina nodded, letting the tears flow.

||

Rick walked into the café, and sat down on a seat at the bar next to Floyd. "We don't want you here." Rick nodded and threw a stack of letters on the bar. They were all addressed towards Floyd, except one. Regina saw the letter had her name on it and decided to read them later.

"So you're doing the witch, i've never been with a witch before. What's it like?" Floyd asked trying to make a conversation. "I'm not doing her anymore, she wasn't who i thought she was and then i dumped her. Only Amanda didn't know, because she wanted me to have a relationship with June."

Floyd nodded in answer, carefully looking at Regina. She looked lost in thought, but in her eyes all her emotions were displayed. Hurt, anger, sadness, hate, numbness. Floyd couldn't help it anymore, he tried to bite the words back. But seeing Regina like this he couldn't handle it anymore.

"Did you use Reg?" A flash of hurt could be seen in Rick's eyes. "No, i couldn't. She is truly the first woman i laid eyes on and immediately thought of her as the one, i want her as mine."

Regina heard the loving words of Rick, but she felt to numb to think of it. She was thinking about old memories of her father, or the death of her little sister. She realized that having no emotions damaged her, but it also protected her from more hurt. She decided to be numb again, so the hurt she felt would actually disappear.