Chapter 31

Chitsu~

Today was similar to every other day we've spent in the arena. With Gon's push, Killua's chop and my kick, we continued to improve and made our way up the tower. By now we had our own rooms and was in the 150's. 

Currently, we were going to the booth to receive our money. "I wonder how much we'll get?" I said. "Well we'll see now," Gon said. When the three of us gave our tickets to the woman she said, "your prized money has been deposited into this account." She handed us each a piece of paper. We thanked her and walked away. "Wow, I've never seen so many zero's before," Gon said surprisingly. I nodded agreeing with his statement. "I'm kinda annoyed," Killua suddenly said. "What happened?" I asked. "It took me two months to reach the 150 floor, but you two are whizzing past each floor." I sighed. "Of course we did, you were only four back then you didn't know," I reassured. "Chi-chan's right Killua, if you compare your strength now to before, thats a big difference," Gon added.

"Oh yea, I just saw Zushi on tv earlier, right Chi-chan?" Gon brought up. "Ah, thats right. He's still in the 50's though." I said. "I saw him too." Killua then took a sudden stop. He was probably thinking about that Ren thing that he sensed. "You know, shouldn't we just ask Zushi about that Ren thing you sensed." The two of them looked at me with wide eyes. "What, did I say anything wrong?"

***

After a few hours of looking for Zushi, we found him. "Zushi!" I yelled trying to get his attention. He then ran up to us waving his hand. "Would you mind telling us what Ren is?" Killua asked. "Oh Ren is one of the four major principals of disciplining your mind and body. This is fundamental for preforming martial arts. This is all called Nen training." Killua then ran up to him furiously and said "We have no idea what you just said!" 

A voice then came out of no where, and I knew who it was. "Zushi, do you know enough to teach others about Nen?" I looked back and saw Wing walking towards us. "Gon-kun, Killua-kun, Chitsu-chan. There is an old saying that if you learn something piecemeal you'll end up knowing less than were you started." he told us. "So a little knowledge isn't good huh? But I want to know right now. This'll give me a clue to the secret of my older brother's powers." Wing looks surprised. "So you brother can use Nen." He looks as if he was thinking about it. He hid behind his glasses and thought. He then finally said, "I understand, come with me to my residence." 

I felt weary about this. Whatever this Nen thing was, I know that is is familiar to me, but somehow I have a bad feeling about this. But curiosity clung onto me and I couldn't resist learning more about what Nen and Ren was. So I walked with Gon and Killua without saying a word. 

***

"Nen means to burn your soul, or in other words it tests your strength of will. Therefore the four major principles are a training curriculum of making your will stronger. Ten is to focus your soul at one single point, to increase awareness of your ego and goal. Zestu, is to express yourself in words. Ren means to temper that will, and Hatsu means to act upon that will. Killua-kun, while fighting Zushi, he was tempering with his refusal to lose when fighting you. Ending him with using Ren. I will now show an example. Killua-kun, I am going to kill you, are you ready?"

"Yeah sure, but I'm not going to let that happen."

Wing then got into a pose and told us he was first using Ten. After that he was using Zetsu, as he spoke out the words 'I will kill you Killua-kun.' Then I felt something around him, a small aura. But then all that aura grew the second after that. All of Wing's aura was intimidating us. I see Killua's face filled with caution while Gon was just surprised. Every two seconds past, and it became stronger. I immediately knew that he switched onto Ren. Although, this had felt similar to me. Not in the way when Zushi used Ren, but a real nostalgic feel to it. 

After Killua ran to the ceiling like a cat, Wing stopped. All the aura in the room just disappears like that. All traces are gone. Wing explains Ren in specific to us. But Killua started to look annoyed and just walked out of the room. Gon and I were guessing that was our cue to leave the room. Gon and I said our thanks and left Zushi and Wing.

We left the room, following Killua back to the tower. The three of us quietly walked back until Killua decided to say something. 

"Zushi's toughness. He's very determinate. During our fight, I started to get pissed and hit him at the end with all my power. But when I realized what I did, I then started to feel regret as I thought he wouldn't survive. But he somehow managed to, well, survive. I was shocked, no one would still be well after getting hit like that. But he did. In the end I won by points. It couldn't have been willpower that kept him standing, he's definitely hiding something from us."

----------------------

HEY GUYS!!!! I am so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so sooooooooooooooo SORRY!! I have not updated in such a long time like im so sorry. I just started high school and im stressed our af. I will try to update faster. Like i try. 

PS HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TSUNA!!!!!  

anywayyyy im an very sorry for not updating and this chapter isnt even that long too. i hopr u enjoyed and wish me luc cause im updating this in class. we have a vocal exam n im sick so imma fail but whtvr. bye