; 10

Myungsoo returns that same night. You’ve been in your room the whole day, and you didn’t want to face anyone. The truth is, this really bothered you. You just didn’t want your mom to see that you’re affected by it. He knocks on your door and he comes in with a cake.

“Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday dear Y/N. Happy Birthday to you!” he sings, trying not to blow out the candles. You check the clock. It’s midnight already. You stand up and give him a hug.

“Thanks, Oppa!” you say, trying to be as enthusiastic as you can.

“I escaped the company for you. You should be thankful,” he teases. “What have you been doing all day?”

“Nothing much,” you say, trying not to be suspicious. He laughs.

“So what did you get me?” you ask.

“This cake!” he says, shaking his head.

“Then what are those?” you ask, looking at the objects in his hand.

“Oh! I don’t know. They were outside your door. I picked them up, because they were birthday gifts,” he says, giving them to you. You blow out the candles first before you open the gifts. You open up a blue box with green ribbon on it. Inside, there is a card and a smaller box inside. You open the card and it reads:

   Happy Birthday! I just found out it was your birthday! Hope it goes well! –Jr.

You smile as you open the small box. It’s a keychain with the GOT7 logo on it.

“Wow! Who is it from?” Myungsoo asks.

“Jr. from GOT7. He likes me,” you reply.

“Oh. So I officially have an enemy,” he laughs.

You open the other box. It’s purple with a pink ribbon. They’re both your favorite colors. There’s a card and a box inside again. You open the card and it reads:

  Hey, Y/N! I heard that it’s your birthday. Happy Birthday! I know that I was mean to you, and I’m really sorry. You’re actually nice for listening to the story of my past. You seemed sad earlier. Cheer up! You’re ugly when you don’t smile. You know that? Anyways, meet me in front of the hotel at 10am tomorrow morning! Don’t you dare be late, okay? –Mark

You laugh so hard that Myungsoo has to calm you down. Inside the box is a gold necklace that has your name in cursive on it.

“Who is that from?” Myungsoo asks.

“Mark Tuan of GOT7,” you reply, putting on the necklace.

“You guys are already close, huh?” he asks, worried.

“Yeah, but don’t worry about it,” you say, looking at him straight in the eyes. You look at each other for about seven seconds when he grabs you and tries to kiss you when you put your hand on his lips.

“Please don’t,” you say, scooting away from him.

“I’ve been waiting for you to like me ever since you came here. I worked so hard to be good enough for you! I don’t even want to date anyone from my own industry!” he yells, disappointed.

“How many times do I have to tell you that I see you as an older brother?” you ask, trying not to get mad.

“Why? Do you love someone else?” he asks. You think of Mark, and you suddenly feel guilty.

“Well, that’s possible,” you say.

“Who is it? Is it one of those GOT7 members that you’ve known for only a week? Think before you act, Y/N!” he yells, grabbing your shoulder. You pull away from his grasp.

“Well, maybe if you didn’t have such a bad temper and you didn’t yell at me like this then I probably would have liked you! Don’t underestimate me, Kim Myungsoo! I know what I’m doing in my life! Take care of your own!” you yell.

“Hey, look I’m sorry. I’m reall—“ he tries to say, but you cut him off.

“Just leave. Thanks for the cake,” you say. He walks out the room and slams your door.