Chapter Six

~Don't play the song till you get to I say to please.~
*Jewels pov*
I was still stuck in basement. He beat me every other day some days he would give me food and water. Others he would beat me. After each time I would pretend to pass out so he would stop.
"Awww you passed out again man pet you are to weak." He said laughing he walked away from me and up the stairs. Once the door closed I cried quietly so he wouldn't hear.
I started to think about my family. When I was younger and I would start crying Mattie would come into my room and cradle me then sing me a lullaby. I softly started to sing it.
~Play the song now~

~ Hush now - my story
Close your eyes and sleep
Waltzing the waves
Diving the deep
Stars are shining bright
The wind is on the rise
Whispering words
Of long lost lullabies

Oh won't you come with me
Where the Moon is made of gold
And in the morning sun
We'll be sailing
Oh won't you come with me
Where the ocean meets the sky
And as the clouds roll by
We'll sing the song of the sea

I had a dream last night
And heard the sweetest sound
I saw the great white light
And dancers in the round
Castles in the sand
Cradles in the trees
Don't cry - I'll see you by and by

Oh won't you come with me
Where the Moon is made of gold
And in the morning sun
We'll be sailing
Oh won't you come with me
Where the ocean meets the sky
And as the clouds roll by
We'll sing the song of the sea

Rolling, rolling, rolling...

Oh won't you come with me
Where the Moon is made of gold
And in the morning sun
We'll be sailing
Oh won't you come with me
Where the ocean meets the sky
And as the clouds roll by
We'll sing the song of the sea~

Once I finished I heard clapping. I froze. "Wonderful singing pet. But I must punish you now for being to loud." He smiled and started towards me. That's when I heard the front door slam open.
He froze. He ran up the basement stairs only for into slam open and hit him in the face. I couldn't see the persons face he had ruined my sight I couldn't see far. "Mr. Connell Johnson you are under arrest." The voice said. I guessed that it was the police.
"Sir there's a young girl down here." Another voice announced it sounded like a female. "Then get her out of here." The other officer said. The woman nodded. "Poor child here. "I turned around and watched as she broke the chains off the wall. She then carefully picked me up. "T-thank you." I whispered my voice hurt from all the screaming.
The lady smiled and walked me up the stairs. I cover my eyes as she carried up the stairs. Due to being use to the dark my eyes were very sensitive to light.
"Woof woof." I slowly uncovered my eyes. Once they adjusted I saw Lunar and two blurred figures. "L-Lunar." I said my voice sounds scratchy. The female officer placed me on my feet I wobbled a little but I was able to stand. She then hoped in the car with her partner and drove off. With the man in cuffs in the back. Lunar walked over to me and licked my hands. "I-I'm ok l-Lunar thanks to y-you and t-these two." I said looking up.
Both the people's faces were still blurry. One walked over to me. They slowly became clearer. He wore a light brown jacket that went to his ankles. He had pale blond, almost white, hair. I also saw a curl similar to mine. That's when I gasped and smiled. "M-Mattie your a-alive!" I said lightly trying not to hurt my vocal cords anymore. I ran (well more like a stumbled) up to him and jumped on him. I cried into his jacket. He stumbled back a bit then hugged me back tears in his eyes.
"J-Jewel where d-did you g-go?" He asked pulling away from the hug."I-i grew u-up in m-Maine till I w-was 8 I t-then moved t-to DC." I said wiping my eyes. "You did?" Another voice said. I looked behind me and saw a figure.
"C-can you c-come closer I c-can't see y-you." I said squinting. They slowly came forward. First I saw a brown jacket. I then saw his honey blond hair. I then saw the one most important feature it was his stubborn cowlick that's when I knew who it was. "A-Alfie!" I ran over to him and hugged him tightly.
He chuckled and hugged back. He was the exact same from the last time I saw him. His baby blue were bright and shining. "Can answer my question Jewel?" He asked again. "I-I don't k-know that's just w-where I g-grew up a-Alfie with my f-foster parents." I said smiling.
"J-Jewel stay t-there." I turned around and saw Mattie take a few steps back. "O-ok now t-tell me how m-many fingers I-I'm am holding u-up." I nodded and squinted as I stared at his hand.
"U-um three?" I asked he came closer and saw that it was one finger that he was holding up. He gave me a worried look. He looked at my eyes closer and gasped. "W-what's wrong m-mattie what's wrong?!" I said panicking slightly. " Alfie looked at me and placed one of his hands over his mouth and started to tear up a bit. "Y-your e-eyes there clouded o-over!" He said crying slightly.
"Jewel what happened?" Alfie asked he lightly rubbed my back and felt the lash marks in my back. It stung I collapsed to the ground. They both bent down and looked at me. I shook and felt tears forming.
"T-the man h-he grabbed a b-bottle filled w-with bleach a-and another substance a-and he p-poured it I-in to my e-eyes. He w-whipped and tortured m-me everyday." I cried out shoving my face into Alfred's jacket.
I felt his body go stiff. I looked up his once shiny eyes were now dark and full of anger, grief and most of all worry.
I looked over at Matthew. His eyes were the same except his eyes were blazing with insanity they had also started to turn purple. I had to calm him down or else he would start killing innocent people. "M-Mattie calm d-down p-please." I said slowly moving towards him. I slowly watched as his eye turned form a dark purple back to his normal lilac.
"J-Jewel I'm s-so sorry this h-happened to y-you I wish w-we were q-quicker." He cried I quickly got up and walked/crawled towards him.
"D-don't be s-sorry you did w-what you c-could. You t-tried your b-best that's all t-that matters." I said smiling. I kissed his forehead. He smiled and pulled my into warm and loving hug. "Y-you right j-Jewel I'm just g-glad your now s-safe." I smiled even more. I final found my family.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Thanks for read puppets I hope you enjoyed the song and the chapter I don't have much to say so just have a great day and see you next week.

Peace out puppets ✌️️❤️✌️️