Seven

Can't Get You Out of My Mind

Three months.

Three months had passed. Peridot was alone again, and she hated it. She found herself missing Lapis more and more each day.

She'd never found herself so attached to someone. She knew Lapis wasn't okay, she was quiet now. If only she had the courage to approach her.

Today Peridot walked down the halls, books in hand. She kept her eyes on the floor until a familiar face caught her eye. The blonde girl tried to get Lapis' attention but failed.

With a sigh Peridot continued walking. She wished Lapis would talk to her or answer her texts. Why did she shut Peridot out?

Lapis was all that was on her mind. She couldn't even focus on school anymore. No matter how hard she tried she just couldn't get Lapis out of her mind.

The pale girl stopped at her locker and put her books away. She grabbed her book bag and the books she needed for later. Peridot then headed back to her classroom.

She took a seat in the back of the room, turning her phone on. There were no new texts from Lapis.

A few minutes went by. "Alright class, I'll see you on Monday!" Ms. Malachite exclaimed. Everyone scurried out of the room, pushing and shoving.

Peridot was the last one out of the room. She waited in the halls for a little bit, hoping for Lapis to appear. She didn't.

Peridot gloomily walked to her car, slamming the door shut. She drove home in silence.

When Peridot got home she picked up her bag and headed inside. She plopped onto the the couch with a huff. The blonde girl turned her TV on, frowning.

She really wanted to talk to Lapis right now. Maybe she should text her..

Peridot: Hey.

She put her phone on the coffee stand and stared at the TV. She was waiting for a response, for her phone to go ding!

But it didn't.

Peridot had probably waited for two hours. Two whole hours. She then walked to her room and face planted onto her bed.

What was Lapis Lazuli doing to her?

The short girl lay on her face for a few moments, going through her thoughts. They were all about Lapis. Lapis, Lapis, Lapis.

That's all she did for the rest of the night.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Lapis was sitting on her bed, watching TV. She couldn't help but think of Peridot. She really missed Peridot.

Her phone went off a while ago, and she knew it was Peridot texting her. She just didn't want to answer. Lapis lay back on her pillow with a sigh.

It was dark and she didn't even realize it. Maybe she'd just go to bed. A nightmare would be great to take her mind off things.