Update

So I've been like, meaning to do this and I'm scared, but since this is the Internet and no one can actually physically hurt me I'll be okay, at least I think.

I don't think I'm gonna continue Riptide Queen,,

Okay, before you start freaking out, please listen..

I haven't watched an episode of Steven Universe in a long time, and honestly I just haven't been so obsessed with it lately.

It's not that I don't like the show anymore, because I do. And it's not that I don't ship lapidot anymore, because again, I do.

It's just the fact that I've taken on so many other things that I really enjoy, and writing Steven Universe stuff just isn't one of my big passions anymore. I've been finding it so difficult to write chapters, I've been working at the same one for months now..

I don't want what I write to be super difficult for me. And I don't want it to be a piece of cake either. But when I try to work at this story, it gets difficult because I haven't shown much interest in its source lately. I still love lapidot, and I still love Peridot and Lapis as characters. But it's been so very difficult to write about them.

I don't know what's driving my interest away from Steven Universe. It's a great show, and it's introduced me to so many great people. But we all lose interest in certain things, and I hope we can respect when that happens.

Am I going to leave the Steven Universe fandom and stop being associated with it? No. I still /like/ the show. I'm still in the fandom. It's just not one of my obsessions anymore.

Now, about Riptide Queen itself..

The story was fun to write at first. But as I kept writing I found it more difficult and rather... boring.. to write. I've read so many human lapidot AUs just like this. It's just the same stuff by different people. So when I do come up with an idea for my fic, it's most likely in someone else's. There are so many human lapidot AU fics that no one could count them.

Also, I just feel like the story is going nowhere. At all. It's just tons of fluff, just like Greens and Blues. Don't even get me started on that story, because I highly regret that one lmao. But this isn't about Greens and Blues, so we're just going to stop right there.

Not only is the story going nowhere, I just find it boring. I always read my chapters once they're published, then sometimes I go back and read the whole story. And it's just gotten boring.

So here's my proposal to you guys. Do you want me to do an epilogue to this story and give you somewhat of an ending, or do you just want to think of an ending for yourself?

Now don't stop reading!! I have more to say!!!!!!!

I really hope that me doing this doesn't make any of you hate me. I can understand if you get angry, I can't really blame you. But I've met so many friends through this fandom and I'd hate to make them upset by doing this.

Now your biggest question probably is, 'Chloe, are you still going to write lapidot?'

And my answer to that is not right now.

Wait! Before you get angry please let me give reasoning.

I've found many other things that I'm interested in as I've said earlier. Things that I genuinely enjoy writing about, like Heathers.

But also, if this story is difficult for me to write, why would I write another one? The same thing would happen.

Is this me saying I'm never going to write any lapidot material again? No!

Who knows, maybe one day I'll become obsessed with Steven Universe again and I'll start writing it. I'm not going to say this is me saying I'm not going to write lapidot ever again because I don't even know if that's true (wow that was a long sentence).

I just really hope that I don't lose any of my friends because of this. We can still talk about Steven Universe, but I'm just not as obsessed as I was when I first joined Wattpad. That's all.

And here comes another question you probably have, 'What's going to happen to your account now? You can't be lapidotsuniverse if you don't write lapidot.'

I'm still going to write. Just not Steven Universe (for now, it could change). I am still keeping my username because through this username I've made great friends.
PlusIdon'twantanyoneelsetohaveitbecauseI'mselfishhahaha

Now you're probably wondering, 'Well, Chloe, what are you going to write now?'

Well, I have a Heathers fic up and going strong. After that I might write a modern chansaw AU, which I think will be very fun.

But also, I just started watching the show Riverdale (great show btw, check it out) and I have TWO ships from it!!

Beronica (Veronica x Betty)

And newly, Cheronica (Veronica x Cheryl)

So maybe once I finish Riverdale I'll write one of those. Or maybe I'll even write a Beronica vs Cheronica one because I'm torn and don't know which one I like better oops!

Also, I've been working at my writing style, so these fics will be better quality lmao.

Anyways, for clarification:

-I am NOT leaving the Steven Universe fandom

-I still /like/ Steven Universe, I'm just not obsessed anymore

-I still ship lapidot, it's still one of my OTPS

-This is not me saying I'm never writing lapidot again! It could happen sometime!

-I'm not changing my account in any way, shape, or form

-I hope I haven't lost any friends due to this, and I really hope I haven't terribly upset anyone. I hope you respect my decision.

And to all of you great readers who wait so very patiently for an update:

I'm sorry.

I know you probably think I'm a bitch for making you wait. But I really didn't want to upset anyone. I've been keeping this all to myself for months now, and I'm really scared to share it.

I love you all, and thank you SO SO SO much for reading. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it.

With love,
Lapidotsuniverse ♡♡♡