Eight

A Day Out

Peridot opened her eyes, yawning. She felt someone warm against her. The blonde girl recognized the person as Lapis, her girlfriend.

The bluenette cuddled closer to Peridot. Lapis was really warm. Peridot smiled at the sleeping girl's face.

She always looked so fragile to Peridot. Her skin was smooth, and the tank top she was wearing revealed some light freckles on her tan shoulders. Peridot had no clue how anyone could look so beautiful.

It was strange to her. She had never found anyone beautiful, attractive at that. But Lapis was so different.

She pushed some blue hair out of Lapis' face, making the tan girl move her face a bit. Peridot looked out the window and noticed how nasty it was outside. It looked like it was going to storm.

Peridot thought about taking Lapis out for the day. She could take her shopping and out for lunch and dinner. It seemed like a good idea, she'd talk to Lapis once she woke up.

Peridot looked up at the ceiling. The glow in the dark stars made her smile, only Lapis would still have them. Lapis, her girlfriend.

It seemed strange to Peridot. She had never really thought she'd end up dating someone. But here she was, and it made her all happy thinking about it.

Peridot pushed her glasses up on her face. She watched as Lapis' blue eyes fluttered open. "Good morning." The blonde girl said quietly, smiling.

"Morning." Lapis smiled sleepily. She then snuggled even closer to Peridot. "Going back to sleep?" Peridot asked.

Lapis shook her head, "No." Peridot nodded and wrapped her arms around Lapis. The tan girl blushed, still smiling.

"So, I was wondering if you uh.. wanted to go to the mall today? Lunch and dinner, too?" Peridot asked. Lapis brightened at this. "Sure, but you don't have to take me anywhere." The bluenette said.

"But I want to, so let's get around." Peridot chuckled. Lapis groaned and pulled away. The blonde girl then stood.

"You can just get around here, then we'll run to my house. I didn't pack clothes." Peridot said. Lapis nodded in response and opened her drawers. She dug through her clothes before pulling some out.

"What shirt?" The tan girl asked Peridot. The first shirt was a black one that read punk rock's not dead in blue font. The other one was a light blue one with the word salty in plain black lettering.

Peridot hesitated for a moment. She pointed to the salty one. Lapis giggled, "I figure you'd pick that one."

Peridot watched as Lapis grabbed some dark jean shorts. The tan girl then headed into the bathroom. Peridot waited patiently.

Lapis soon came back out of the bathroom. Peridot did have to admit she looked great, as always. "So, how do I look?" Lapis asked.

"You look stunning." Peridot smiled. The bluenette blushed and shook her head. "Stop." Lapis said.

"I'm not lying." Peridot said, folding her arms. Lapis giggled and hugged the shorter girl. She then grabbed her purse and phone.