Eighteen

Lonely Lazuli

"Lapis, get up."

Lapis groaned, pulling the blankets over her head. "Lapis come on, get up." Peridot said. The blonde girl smirked and threw the blankets off Lapis.

The poor girl was only in a crop top tank top and underwear.

"Cold!" Lapis exclaimed, jolting up. Peridot looked at the bluenette, chuckling.

"I've gotta leave in an hour. I figured you'd want to spend it together." The blonde girl said. Lapis stared at Peridot for a moment. She forgot Peridot was leaving.

"Oh, yeah." Lapis said, flashing Peridot a weak smile. She hopped out of bed, bare feet hitting the wooden floor with a thunk.

"Have you already packed? Is your phone charged? Do you have everything you need?" The tan girl asked.

"Yes, Lapis. Everything's great." Peridot chuckled. The blue haired girl looked at her girlfriend with pained eyes.

"I'm gonna miss you." Lapis pouted. "I know, I'm going to miss you too. But remember what I said? We can FaceTime and stuff." Peridot replied as they walked into the living room.

"I know, I know." Lapis said. Peridot sat down on the couch, looking at the bluenette. She noticed the pained look in her blue eyes, the bags under them.

"Lapis." The pale girl said. "Mhm?" Lapis asked. "Come here." Peridot said.

Lapis walked over to the couch where Peridot pulled her into her lap. The blonde girl hugged the tan girl tight.

"I love you, Lapis." Peridot said. Lapis' heavy eyelids closed as tears stung at the back of her eyes. "I love you too, Peri."

And they stayed like that until Peridot's hour was up.

"Lapis, I've gotta go." Peridot said. Lapis looked Peridot into the eyes, nodding. "Okay."

The short girl waited for Lapis to get out of her lap until she stood. "I'll see you in a week. Love you." Peridot said. "I love you too Peri, please be safe." Lapis replied.

"Don't worry, I will." Peridot smiled. She kissed Lapis before pulling away, waving as she walked out the door and to her car. Lapis smiled and waved as she watched Peridot go.

But as soon as she was gone Lapis collapsed onto the ground.

The bluenette lay in a ball on the kitchen floor. Hot tears streamed down her cheeks. She didn't want Peridot to leave her.

A few minutes had passed when Lapis could hear faint foot steps coming closer to her. Her eyes flickered up to see Pumpkin. The chubby pup approached Lapis and licked her nose.

The bluenette smiled, sitting up and cradling Pumpkin close to her. "It's just us for now." She sniffled.

Lapis stood up and carried Pumpkin to the bedroom. The tan girl lay down, cuddling the puppy. She pulled the blankets up to their necks.

She and Pumpkin lay like that for a total of five minutes, Lapis growing bored. The tan girl sighed and threw the covers off her.

The bluenette decided she'd let some emotions out using music. She hit shuffle on her music, hopping off the bed.

'Guess mine is not the first heart Guess mine is not the first heart broken
My eyes are not the first to cry
I'm not the first to know there's
Just no getting over you'

Ah yes, nothing like singing Grease to your dog.

'You know I'm just a fool who's willing
To sit around and wait for you
But baby can't you see there's nothing else for me to do
I'm hopelessly devoted to you'

Lapis danced around the room, Pumpkin watching her from the bed. The bluenette was very caught up in the moment.

'But now there's no way to hide
Since you pushed my love aside
I'm outta my head hopelessly devoted to you
Hopelessly devoted to you
Hopelessly devoted to you'

Lapis dramatically flopped onto her back on the bed, singing loud as tears began to roll down her tan cheeks again.

'My head is saying fool forget her
My heart is saying don't let go
Hold on to the end, that's what I intend to do
I'm hopelessly devoted to you'

Lapis switched the him to her, now singing louder than the music. Pumpkin sat next to the blue haired girl, listening.

'But now there's no way to hide
Since you pushed my love aside
I'm outta my head hopelessly devoted to you
Hopelessly devoted to you
Hopelessly devoted to you'

Lapis finished the song loudly and dramatically. She lay silently as another song began to play.

How the hell was she going to get through this week?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Peridot, who was on her way to Empire City, drove in silence. She wondered what Lapis was up to.

The blonde girl felt horrible for leaving, but she had to. Not even an hour had passed and she already missed Lapis so much. The pale girl gripped the wheel, making a sharp turn.

She wanted to hear Lapis' voice, see her face. She wished she never had to leave.

Peridot sighed and glanced over at the passenger seat, where Lapis should've been. Oh how she just wanted Lapis right now. She wanted to hold her close and tell her she wasn't leaving.

Suddenly Peridot's mind began to spin. What if Lapis had a nightmare while she was gone? What if Jasper showed up at the house?

What if Lapis did something to hurt herself?

Peridot wouldn't be there for her. The pale girl began to feel panicky, heart racing. What if something happened to Lapis while she was gone?!

The blonde girl felt her chest tighten up, trying to keep focused on the road. She just wanted to turn around and drive back home.

To calm herself, Peridot turned the radio on. She kept it at a medium volume. Her panicky state soon left, leaving her sad.

She really wanted to call Lapis. She really wanted to be home for Christmas. She didn't want to do this anymore.

But she had to.

Peridot sighed, pushing blonde hair out of her face and sighing.

How the hell was she going to get through this week?