Fourteen

Christmas Preparation

Peridot took Lapis' hand as they walked towards the store. "Do you have any Christmas stuff at all?" Lapis asked. "No, I lived alone so I celebrated Christmas with my parents." Peridot replied.

"Yikes, you're gonna be spending a lot then." Lapis said. "It's no problem, I just got a huge pay for five robonoids." Peridot smirked. "You talk about your robonoids all the time and you never show me." Lapis pouted.

Peridot chuckled as they walked through the door. When they stopped looking at eachother, their eyes widened at the store. It was like Christmas threw up in there.

"There's so much stuff!" Lapis exclaimed. "Let's just go isle to isle and see what we can find." Peridot replied. Lapis nodded and got a shopping cart.

The bluenette put one foot on the bottom of the cart, pushing it with one foot. She then put her other foot next to the one already on, holding on tight. Peridot rolled her eyes as Lapis glided past her, giggling.

When Lapis hopped down Peridot snuck up behind her. The blonde girl poked Lapis in the sides, tickling her. "You just giggle about everything." Peridot chuckled.

"Stop!" Laughed Lapis. Peridot let go, looking around to see if anyone was watching. Luckily no body was.

"Okay let's get this over with." Peridot said. Lapis nodded, pushing the cart as they walked to the first aisle. Lapis began to look, Peridot next to her.

"What exactly do you have in mind?" Peridot asked. "A tree, ornaments, lights, you know." Lapis replied. "Okay. It looks like this aisle is only for lights so let's start with those." Peridot said.

This was weird, she'd never shopped for things around the house with anyone else. She wondered what grocery shopping would be like with Lapis.

Peridot had been standing, thinking while Lapis looked. She approached Peridot with a box of lights. Each of them were a different color.

"Rainbow?" Peridot smiled. "Yeah, because I'm gay for you." Lapis laughed, kissing her cheek. Peridot smiled and placed them in the cart.

"Are we putting lights on the house?" The blonde girl asked. "Not if you don't want to." Lapis said. "I can. Get more of those." Peridot said.

Lapis grabbed a few more boxes of lights and they left the aisle. They then moved on to the next one.

"Trees." Peridot announced. Lapis glanced at her with a smile. "What one do we get?" The tan girl asked.

"Whatever one you'd like." Peridot smiled. Lapis playfully rolled her eyes, "You're too good to me."

Peridot chuckled, hugging Lapis from behind. Lapis blushed and continued to look at trees. She decided on a medium sized one.

The rest of the Christmas shopping was done rather quickly, and now it was time to grocery shop. Peridot drove to the nearest grocery store, Lapis singing to the radio as always.

"Okay, we're here." The blonde girl announced. They both hopped out of the car, Lapis still humming. "So, what do we need?" The blue haired girl asked cheerfully.

"I don't know. Foods you like. Stuff to cook." Peridot replied. Lapis scoffed and took her hand, swinging them back and forth. "I like blue Gatorade. I also like cotton candy." Lapis smiled.

Peridot began to laugh as they walked into the store. "What?" Lapis asked. "I just never pictured you as a cotton candy gal. Aren't you too punk for cotton candy?" The short girl laughed.

"No body is too punk for cotton candy." Lapis winked. She grabbed a cart and pushed it, Peridot beside her. 

Grocery shopping didn't go as quick as Peridot planned. It actually took quite a long time.

"I can't believe you made me buy ten things of cotton candy." Peridot said. "I told you I like cotton candy." Lapis shrugged. They put the groceries into the car then headed home.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"I think that's the last of them." Peridot called, closing the trunk. Taking care of groceries was a quick process. Now it was time to decorate for Christmas.

First it was time to assemble the tree. Lapis read the directions while Peridot assembled the fake tree. Lapis reading these directions ended up with Peridot getting stuck in the tree, so she did it herself.

While Peridot took care of the tree, Lapis hung up other decorations they bought. She hung the wreath outside the door, and she hung the mistletoe too.

"Lapis, tree's ready!" Peridot called. Lapis finished hanging the last decoration and rushed in. "Okay, great. Now it's time for lights." She said.

This ended up with both of them getting tangled in the lights, but after watching a how to video all was well.

Ornaments were the easiest part by far. This time no body got stuck, which was good. When they finished hanging the ornaments, Lapis topped the tree off with a star.

"So, now all we have to do is hang the lights outside." Lapis said. Peridot nodded, "I'll do that. How about you make that peppermint hot chocolate we bought?"

"Sure." Lapis agreed. Peridot walked outside and grabbed a ladder then got to work. Lapis dug through the cupboards, trying to find the hot chocolate.

After a few minutes she finally found it. She put her's in a plain white mug with a black heart on it. She put Peridot's in an alien mug.

"It's ready!" Lapis called, peeking out the door. Peridot, who was on the ladder, was startled by the sudden noise. She stumbled back but didn't fall.

"Okay! I'll be down in a minute!"

Lapis shrugged and headed back in, stopping in the kitchen. She grabbed one of the tiny tubs of cotton candy then sat on the couch. She'd just watch Netflix while Peridot hung lights.

About fifteen minutes passed when Peridot came back in. "It's probably cold." Lapis said as Peridot came in with her hot chocolate in hand. "It is. And are you seriously into the cotton candy already?" Peridot chuckled.

"Yes." Lapis replied, mouth full of blue cotton candy. Peridot rolled her eyes and sat next to Lapis. She threw her alien blanket over them.

"What do you wanna watch?" Lapis asked. "Doesn't matter." Peridot shrugged. "Okay, then I pick Shrek." Lapis smirked.

"No, now it does matter. No Shrek." Peridot said.  "Hm.. how about a scary movie?" Lapis suggested. "Sure." Peridot replied.

They decided on The Exorcist. Lapis, who was the one that originally wanted to watch a scary movie, hid her face in the blankets the whole time.

About an hour in, Lapis was asleep. Peridot figured the shopping made her tired. The blonde girl shut the living room lights off then sat back down, snuggling close to Lapis.

And so they slept in the dark, Christmas lights brightening the room a bit.