Chapter 17

-Bernadette’s Time-

Semestral break, although your life span is too short, I still love you.

Gosh, this is the life! I could finally get some needed rest and relaxation! No school, homework, or lessons to attend to. I decided to lie down in bed for a while, enjoying its softness. When I finally decided to rise up and stretch, I was surprised to see a really really huge teddy bear at the foot of my bed. It’s one of those life sized ones! And it’s cream in color, the one that I want!

“Kyaaah!” I squealed and rushed towards the said stuffed toy and hugged it with all my might. It’s so soft and fluffy! I rubbed my cheeks on its face. I then looked at it more carefully. The big brown eyes are seriously too cute! It has a blue ribbon around its neck. Upon closer examination, I found some words in fancy embroidery on it.

Mr. Cuddles

“So your name is Mr. Cuddles? Hello, Mr. Cuddles! Who gave you to me?” Did someone sneak into my room at the middle of the night? But I always make sure that my windows are closed when I go to sleep. The only sensible reason I could think of is that my parents gave it to me. And so I decided to ask them about it and thank them as well. I went down the stairs with Mr. Cuddles and walked to the dining area. I saw Mom fixing a late breakfast and Dad sipping his beloved coffee.

“Good morning Mom, Good morning Dad. Thank you so much for this teddy bear! It looks exactly the same as the one I wanted to get from the Games Center! Only much much bigger!”

Mom smiled at me. “We didn’t give you that, dear.”

I am utterly dumbfounded. So my theory is wrong? Did someone really sneak into my room last night?! Wah!

“No, An. No one went to your room last night,” Dad suddenly said. I felt shivers run down my spine.

“Dad, that’s so creepy. Did you read my mind or something?”

He laughed. “Nope. I just figured it out.”

“Who gave it to me then?”

Both of them shared a look and said together, “You’ll know.”

“I’ll know? I’ll know? Heck, I have no idea what’s happening! How can I know?” The two of them just laughed at me.

“Dear, please take Summer out for a walk this afternoon. I don’t want you to be stuck here inside the house and do nothing but be with your laptop for the rest of the day,” Mom announced.

“Okay, then. He’s been bugging me to let him go outside,” I replied. I decided to eat breakfast since my stomach is already grumbling at me. I don’t want it to eat itself.

“Isn’t that teddy bear cute?” Dad commented. “For a stuff toy with that size, I’m guessing it’s worth thousands.”

“His name is Mr. Cuddles.”

“Mr. Cuddles?” Mom repeated. “How cute!”