Epilogue

Maybe this time...

“Two chicken fettuccini are ready!”

“Thanks chef!”

The waitress smiled at her superior and the action was reciprocated to her as well. Placing the stray strand of midnight black hair behind her ear, the girl in her chef’s uniform started to work on the other orders for the night.  As usual, a long busy night of cooking awaits them.

“Chef Ana, one beef salpicao please!”

“Coming up!”

The clock dragged on, until it was finally closing time.

“Steve, I’ll leave the kitchen to you now, okay?”

“Sure chef!”

She gave a smile in response and removed the stained apron and her long chef’s hat on top of her head. As she opened the double doors leading to the dining area, her long hair gave a collected sigh of relief as she removed the tight band holding her crowning glory in place. Suddenly a pair of arm wrapped around her waist and she gave a small shriek in response.

“You sure are jumpy today, Chef Bernadette.”

“Haha. Don’t you dare do that again sir Caleb.”

He rested his head on her shoulder. “Sir?”

“Cuddles, we’re still at the restaurant. I’m the chef, you’re the CEO. Work is work.”

She glanced at him and stifled a laugh as she saw him pout. “And if you don’t know, public display of affection in the workplace is awkward.”

“Says who? I’m the boss so I make the rules. When I say that it’s okay to hug my girlfriend after work, it’s the law. But only I can do that.”

“Sometimes I really think you have a superiority complex.”

“Nah, I just miss you. Is it wrong to miss the love of my life?”

“Gosh Caleb you’re getting cheesier every day!”

The man in his business suit looked at her and smiled. “Only for you.” Caleb then took the opportunity to kiss Bernadette on her cheek. The staff of the restaurant tried to suppress their squeals – and horribly failed.

“Sir Caleb, Chef Ana, you two look so good together!”

“Please get married already!”

The couple just smiled. “What do you say, Chef Bernadette? Wanna comply with their request?”