Blue Blood

Hey guys :)
It would mean the absolute world to me if you checked out my book, Blue Blood. I have 18 chapters up at the moment and will continue to update the chapters get a lot longer after the first one I promise.

also have a few surprises for this book too - so look out for those :)

Here is Chapter One of Blue Blood;

I smiled as I walked down the streets of New York city, the cold December breeze biting at my skin. My long blonde hair blowing back over my shoulders. I pulled my scarf closer to my neck and pulled my coat tighter around me. Clutching my coffee cup in my hands to try and maintain warmth in my hands. I approached the impressive building for Wilson Enterprises and the doorman leant me a kind smile and opened the door for me.

This office was like my second home I knew everyone in it, and I had been working here the longest out of anyone, apart from Fredrick of course. I smiled at Julie, the receptionist and scanned my staff card in order to get into the elevator. I went up to the top floor where my own office was and Fredrick's. I heard the sound of the elevator and quickly walked out dropping my handbag on my desk. I shrugged off my coat and unwrapped my scarf, hanging it on the hook of my office door. I placed my coffee on the desk and switched on my computer. I loaded a few emails and made sure everything was in check with the stocks and investments and scheduled Fredrick's meetings and appointments for the day. 

I printed off his schedule and walked towards his office, I knocked on the door and heard a muffled "Come in". I opened the door and walked in, closing the door behind me.
"Good morning Cara" Fredrick cheered. I laughed as I placed his schedule on his desk, in which a box of doughnuts and a hot chocolate on his desk.
"Fredrick" I said sternly, but with a smirk on my face. I sat down in the chair opposite his desk and crossed my legs over each other.  "You and I both know you should not be eating those kind of things for breakfast at your age" I commented eyeing his doughnuts.
"Well it would be an awful waste for them to go now wouldn't they? I'll start eating healthy tomorrow" He replied chuckling slightly.
"You've been saying that for the last three weeks" I replied laughing too.
"Oh shush, well lets not waste food" He said opening up the box, he took one out and placed it on the desk, he pushed the box over to me and looked at me knowingly, I paused for a couple of seconds before grinning widely and taking a doughnut out of the box.

"Okay okay, but from now on I am getting your breakfast with mine, in the morning and we will eat it together. If you have to eat better then I will too"
"Always good doing business with you Cara" He chuckled holding up his doughnut, I held up mine and we cheered. "So Cara what are you doing over the Christmas season?" He questioned wiping his mouth from the doughnut. I am just going to interrupt with a bit of background information. In the six years of working at Wilson Enterprises, Fredrick and I have become very close and he knows pretty much everything about me, and in my eyes I consider him family to me. I do have a family, but I left London for this job against what they thought. I hadn't spoken or seen my family in over six years and Fredrick was aware of that.
"Same as every year, buy myself a new pair of heels and a handbag, eat a roast chicken because turkey is so overrated, and really who has the time? Watch some repeats of Jane the Virgin and Orange is the new black, and see where the evening takes me" I smiled.

"Well you are joining me" He stated. "My daughter, her husband and their son will be with me, I would much appreciate it if you joined me"
"Oh no that would be far too intrusive of me, Im sure your young grandson would like to spend time with his grandfather" I smiled.
"He's 22 now, I am quite sure he is past wanting to spend time with his old Grandfather" He chuckled. "In fact I would like you two to meet"
"And why is that?" I questioned.
"I have my reasons" He said his eyebrows furrowing slightly. "Anyway you are coming for Christmas there is no argument"
"What are their names?" I asked, Fredrick never really spoke about his family apart from his wife who unfortunately died before I worked for Fredrick, about nine years ago.
"My daughter is called Anna and her husband is called Charles. Their son and my grandson is called Jackson" He repeated to me.
"Okay I'll do some revision before" I laughed. "Is he their only child?"
"Yes" he answered. "Now you are coming, no more questions"
"Fine" I groaned. "But I still want my shoes and handbag" I laughed, Fredrick joining me.

There was another knock on the door and Julie entered. In her hands she held folders containing all the stock information, placing them inside the filing cabinet.
"Come on you too, I know what your like you'll sit and chat all day" She laughed. "Get to work!" She said as she closed the door behind her.
"I guess she is right" I sighed standing up. "Lunch at 1?"
"As always" Fredrick chuckled. I smiled and shut the door behind me as I left.

I walked into my office and sat down, replying to all the emails for people trying to get an appointment with Fredrick. One email was from American airways confirming a booking, I opened up the email and read through it, it seemed as though it was the receipt for the airline for Fredrick's family, I scrolled down and looked at the dates and times they were arriving so I could sort out a car to pick them up. They were arriving on the 19th December and leaving on the 3rd January, I looked up at my calendar and saw that the date today was the 17th. Not knowing whether to order a car or not , forwarded the email to him along with some other emails from big companies and went to his office.
"I was just wondering whether I should order a car to pick up your family on the 19th?" I asked leaning against the door frame.
"Oh yes, I forgot to mention, Im sending my driver to pick them up from the airport. I would do it myself but I have a Doctors appointment which I must attend. Could you please go with my driver to collect them? And possibly take them back to my home and show them round. They'll be staying in the guest bedrooms" He asked.
"Of course I will, is there anything I should be aware of?" I asked not wanting to mention something that could upset his family.
"No not really their quite relaxed, although look out for Jackson he can be a handful sometimes" he mentioned, I nodded acknowledging what he had just said. "You still have my house key don't you?"
"Yes its in my apartment at the moment"
"Okay good, use that one to get in" He nodded. "Oh and Cara?"
"Yes?" I asked stepping back into the room.
"Your Christmas bonus goes in tomorrow, another successful year of work! Now I dont know about you but Im feeling a bit unmotivated to work right now, I'm going to take myself home for the afternoon, feel free to take the afternoon off and tomorrow if you wish to prepare yourself" He said.
"Thank you Fredrick, it means a lot. But prepare myself for what sir?" I asked slightly confused.
"I need you to keep Jackson in tact whilst he's in New York. He's smart but he is just a handful, we have some important business deals coming up and I don't need him interfering with that"
"Yes of course, can't be that hard can it?" I joked although I was met with a serious gaze. I said my goodbyes before grabbing my coat off the hanger an putting it back on along with my scarf. I got into the elevator and eventually made it out onto the streets of New York. I whistled for a cab and made my way back to the apartment, still pondering over what Fredrick meant by "prepare yourself".