Chapter 8

(Spoiler! Don't read the chapter if you didn't watch season 2, and I mean all of it and this is a long chapter)

Gurēsu's Point of View

I have heard recent news that Orochimaru died from Itachi's younger brother, Sasuke. The information was very shocking to hear that Sasuke actually beat him. Good. He deserved to die. That slimy snake should have never kidnapped me. If Sasuke didn't murder him, I would have dissected each cell of his body and his search for immortality would have been for nothing.

Even if he beat me to it, I applaud him for doing so. I don't think I slept in 3 days. I'm getting hazy. I held my head and fell to the couch. Recently, Deidara has been less of an annoyance to me and I returned the nice gestures back to him. Even if it was just a small conversation here and there, it gave me some hope for the future. The aching migraine continues as I squint at the door, hearing it open seeing a glance of Tobi's signature orange mask.

I grumble to him, still holding up my head in pain, "Where's Deidara?"

Then, my heart drops as my imagination goes wild. No.... He couldn't be...... Deidara is smart, he wouldn't...... As the words left Tobi's lips, my heart was beating twice as fast, "Deidara-senpai died of an explosion. He tried to get Sasuke Uchiha, but he failed."

My head spins with my stomach feeling sick. I feel heavy, as I fall backwards, with my eyes turning backwards. I feel the cold concrete-like ground shaking my mind, falling into darkness. My brain failed to make me stay awake. I thought Sasuke was a good guy. I guess I'm always wrong.

-

Before, my revenge seemed like a quick scheme to honour my family, but now, it seems like my purpose. I was left by my parents and this is my fulfillment in life. I became a shinobi to do this mission and failure is not an option.

Pain was explaining that he would be going to the leaf village to capture the nine tails. Like all my other attempts, I requested to help him in battle, because of the outcomes of every other member, but alas, my request was denied. Even if Pain always was strict, everyone seems to disappear each week and he is better than nothing. Ironically, the pain from losing everyone was getting to me and it's sad to think I was trying to cling on to him, of all people.

"Please do not interfere in this fight," he ordered with his usual emotionless voice, as he continued commanding, "You are not to be used yet in battle."

Trying to hide my grumbling, I force myself to bow my head, and kneeling in showings of respect, "Understood, leader,"

"You must not be impatient, Gurēsu," He must have heard the sarcasm in my voice, ""We are in a grim situation."

"Yeah, yeah, I know that already," Standing up, trying to muster up the courage to talk back to the self-proclaimed 'god', "You don't need to remind me."

"Are you questioning my abilities, child?" His purple eyes peered into my soul. I try to look back with confidence, but that didn't seem to work as I unknowingly started shaking in uncertain fear.

"Oh.. No. Of... Of course not," He didn't seem to be very convinced. Shit, curse my bad lying. I prepared myself for some sort of punishment for my back talk, gripping my hands close, waiting for an impact from the attack.