Filler Arc Part 1

i redrew Gurēsu bc i felt like it, this is what she looks like with her mangekyo and rinnegan activated
heyyy everyone, so basically im rewatching naruto part 1 but anywho, this is a retcon filler before the conclusion of Kabuto's fight. enjoy!

-

Return of the Morning Mist

"Why can't I?" Gurēsu whined with a shrill tone, huffing and crossing her arms, "That's not fair! I want to go with you guys!"

Itachi sighed with a heavy smile, as Kisame quietly chuckled. Her voice echoed throughout the grim and (currently) empty Akatsuki hideout. As the rest of the members had left the base, it was imperative that she would have something entertaining to kill time. The two looked at each other and nodded, as Gurēsu was flashing her infamous puppy dog eyes. Her pastel blue eyes twinkled with gleaming sparkles, yet, the two were already familiar with this move and were therefore immune.

"You know that Pain won't allow it," Itachi stated sadly, patting her head. He knew of his leader's strict rule of letting anyone see Gurēsu unless it was absolutely necessary. That and he also was very protective of her even if he didn't want another loved one to suffer with overwhelming loneliness, "We have a very important mission to do."

"Besides, why would you even want to go to the Leaf village?" Kisame groaned with annoyance, "The fact that I'm being forced to go is-"

"I don't care!" Gurēsu yelled back, interrupting, "Anything is better than staying here all day!"

Itachi turned around, saying in an all too familiar tone, "Maybe next time,"

The duo both teleported out, starting their mission to see if they could capture the nine tailed spirit. Gurēsu stood there, as she stared at the cave wall across from her. Was she really about to be an obedient child and listen to her family's orders? Nah, of course not. Not even a second went by before she suddenly grinned widely and giggled quietly to herself.

'You guys are in for a treat!'

-

With their long robes and masking hats, the two were strolling along the Konoha shops. Itachi felt uneasy returning to his home village. He didn't even anyone to be suspicious of his movements. The guilt and sorrow was deep within his mind, but, he knows he must keep them buried from his heart. He couldn't risk changing plans after doing all of that to Sas-

"You aren't thinking of him again, are you?"

Itachi shifted his eyes to his smirking partner, "What are you implying?"

"Oh nothing at all," Kisame grinned while continuing to tease him, "But I suggest you put your interest into another kid. A kid who so happens to be nearby,"

"What are you talking about?" Itachi responded, slightly confused but maintaining his unfazed demeanor.

"Oh. So you haven't noticed it?" Kisame laughed while spun around to face a familiar somebody, "What are you doing Gurēsu?"

She jumped in surprise, almost falling backwards, "Dammit! Curse your shark senses!"

Itachi widened his eyes in shock. He realized that most of his focus went into ensuring no one potentially recognized him, not if his disobedient younger surrogate sister was following him around. However, he was more concerned than ever for Gurēsu's presence being found out at all, let alone at his old village.