The Distance!!

Nandini.

I woke up in the afternoon and found none in my room I got up and saw a note.

"Love. I'll be at the practice room. So don't worry, but get ready we need to go to the doctor at 5 in the eve"

I smiled. He is never tired of making me pampered. I couldn't wish for more things in my life. For me he was my only wish, his love was my only wish.

I freshened myself up and then changed into a red kaftan top and paired it with my blue Levis jeans and combed my hairs and tied them into a ponytail. Checking myself in front of the mirror I walked out of the room.

Just when I was about to go downstairs I heard a soft cry. I peeped into Cabir and Navya's room. The baby was awake and there was no one in the room. I entered inside and glanced the baby, he stopped crying as soon as he saw me. He blinked his eyes very cutely at me. Since it was dark he wouldn't have recognised me he'd have thought its navya!

Still I picked him up carefully in my arms.

"Awlle. Baby uth gaya? Chalo hum niche jaate hai" I said and walked out of the room. The baby was so delicate and cute. When I picked him up it made me go into those initial stages of time when I gave birth to manini it was very hard to take care of her. Since it was my first time as a mother I had to worry a lot about everything. I read almost 5 books which about taking care of a new born baby. Those hard times!!!

I had none beside me! Moving out of the country and looking a place for owns stay everything was difficult. Me being a pregnant lady many people helped me with mercy! That's all I had and I couldn't probably hope for more too. I had everything in my life a big family mom and dad a best loving husband anybody could have! But the life took a 360° turn and in few moments I had none! Except a baby in my womb! I sighed and sat on the couch with the baby.

"Baby.." I called out and played with him. He held my hands tight and took them up and down just the way mano used to do many times. I smiled at the baby.

"Nandu. Why did you bring him down?" Navya asked.

"Don't I have the right to do so?!" I asked with a chuckle.

"You have all the rights on him. I was just saying because you aren't well." She said.

"Navya I'm perfectly fine now." I said.

"Aren't you having a checkup today?" She asked and I nodded.

"We're back" we heard a voice. Mukti and Alya entered the house with few shopping bags.

"Navya this is for baby" mukti handed her all the bags.

"But mukti..."

"Stop saying those things like 'in Sab ki kya zarurat thi' zarurat hai and you won't question us" alya said and navya nodded.

"So ready for the checkup?" Cabir asked as he wrapped an arm around me while occupying his seat.

"Aren't you both supposed to practice too?" I asked alya and mukti.

"Nandu aaj Mulya me bohoth kaam tha so we had to go. Tomorrow we're closing Mulya for 3 days" Mukti said and sat on the couch.

"Hie baby" alya said as dhruv hugged her and he kissed her forehead lightly.

"Where's manik?" I asked.

"He's getting ready. Mano..." Cabir said and called out loud.

"Chachu.. Ishu ko bolo bas kare" my baby came inside from the backyard door running very fast and behind her were Ishu and Scooby she ran all over the living room while Ishu and Scooby were chasing her.