Chapter 1

You woke up to the sound of someone knocking on your door.
Getting aggravated at the noise you threw a pillow at the door even though you knew it wasn't gonna make the person leave finally after about 5 min of the person knocking you got up and opened the door seeing it was a guard and yelling in their face.
''What do you want from me!. Can't a princess ever get some sleep around here!.''.
The guard looked at you with wide eyes obviously he was not expecting that outburst you had just gave him.
He cleared his throat and said ''I'm sorry princess I didn't mean to disturb you,but your father would like to speak to you''.
You have him a confused look. ''Talk about what?''
The guard just stared at you then finally spoke. ''I don't know princess all he said was that it was very important and that he needed to see you right away''.
You told him to leave that you would be down in a couple of min to needed to get ready and he said okay that he would tell the king.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Time skip-to you and the king talking
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You walked down the halls until you finally made it to the throne room.
You saw the king and spoke.
''Hello father what is it you wanted to talk about?''.
He turned to look at you with one of the most serious faces you have ever seen whatever it was he wanted to talk about it must've been serious.
''(y/n) as you know your going to be made queen in 18 days.''
''Yes.....'' You said unsure to what he was getting at.
''Well there's something I didn't tell you,something I forgot to mention......there's a rule.''
''What kind of rule?.'' You asked.
''A rule that states that before you become queen you must marry someone you have 18 days till you become queen and I'll be giving you 13 days to find a suitor that way when you do find the one you wanna marry you will have a few days to plan out the wedding.''
Your eyes went huge and you started to panic!. ''What marriage?!?. I can't get married I'm not ready for marriage yet plus what If I never love the guy?!. What am I gonna do then huh father?!.''
''I'm sorry (y/n) you think I want you to get married to someone you don't love?. No of course I don't want this (y/n) but you don't have a choice and if you refuse to marry then we loose everything we will be kicked out of the castle and we will no longer rule it.''
Confused you asked. ''What do you mean we won't rule it anymore?''
''I mean that if you do not marry...*sighs* the rule is that if there is another royal family around and they have a kid who are going to be king/queen then they will have their kingdom and our kingdom we will have nothing...I'm not really sure how that works but that's how it is (y/n) you have to marry''
*sighs*''okay father I'll do it but one last question''
You just had to know why he didn't tell you sooner.
''Why wait till now to tell me?.''
''I didn't want you to worry about it I wanted you to have some fun before you had to take this big responsibility.''
''Okay''.
And with that you left.

Hey guys :) so I didn't really know what to say for the whole ''they'll take our kingdom'' thing and I know that it probably doesn't make sense and it's probably confusing and I'm sorry but hey I'm trying my best to make this a good story. Anyways thanks for reading :) ❤️ ur awesome!!!. And I also have a link X reader if you wanna read it :) and I won't have long paragraphs of stuff I have to say after every chapter this is the only time any other time it'll be an authors note I promise.