Homless (Harry styles fanfiction)

Prologue:

2012

I'm 19 years old, dirty blonde hair, hazel eyes and God knows how tall I am. I was born in Clearwater, Florida but raised in Puerto Rico. I lived most of my teenage years in Holmes Chapel and then moved to NYC to study. In conclusion my family used to move a lot.

Right now I was at NYU, in history class finishing some papers. I was studying to become an English teacher of high school. It's the only thing I'm good at, English.

*through PC* "Sorry to interrupt the class but can Maria Johnson come through reception please..."

I looked at the teacher for permission. He nodded. I stood up and walked to reception.

"Hi, I was called to come here. What is it?" I asked slightly opening my eyes a bit more looking at the old lady's blue eyes.

"Umm yes. We received a call from the hospital saying that your family was in a terrible car accident and only your mom survived," the old lady licked her lips and kept talking "But is in terrible conditions in the hospital," said 'Margaret' according to her name tag.

What?! No, no. Just no!

"Did they say how many people were there? Who was in the other car?" I asked desperate to know.

"Five, counting your mom and no, I'm sorry, they didn't say anything about the person in the other car," she said looking at her note pad where I guess is where she wrote what they told her.

"Is that all?" she nodded "Thank you," I managed to choke out from the tears that were about to form.

Wait she said 5! That means my stepdad, stepsiblings and brother died!

Where am I going to stay? I have no one.

You have your mother, you idiot!

I guess I'll stay at the hospital then.

~~~~~

It's been two days and my mother hasn't woken up, yet. I'm still hoping she wakes up because I can't lose my mother and she pays my education. If she dies I have to move with my grandparents in London, and I have nothing there.

"Excuse me miss..." the doctor said searching for my last name.

"Johnson," I said

"Miss Johnson, we've got some news for you," the doctor takes a deep breath "We are terribly sorry. Your mother passed away," the doctor said.

"Can I see her?" I say tears threatening to come out.

The doctor nods and I make my way towards my mother's room. I open the door and I see her, face bruised, stitches on her head, tubes in her nose. I look towards the heart monitor and see the flat line. I sit next to my mom and grabbed her hand and said:

"Why do you have to leave me? After everything I've done for you, mom." I take a deep shaky breath, "I love you so much. Please don't leave me..."