A new friend

Chapter 31

These past few days have been horrible for me. After Paul died, I have been in my shark week, and the pain is horrifying.

"Maria, do you remember who Bella is?" he says smirking.

"No way? Are kidding?" I squeal and he shakes his head.

"She's here on the phone."  he says showing me his phone.

"Gimme, gimme, gimme." I say forming crabby hands at the phone and Harry chuckles handing me the phone.

"Bella?" I ask excited.

"Maria? Oh my God it's really you?" I hear a girly yet boyish voice.

"Yeah. How are you? It's been, what two years?" I say smiling.

"Yeah, I finally have a job. I'm a music producer, and that's how I got Harry's number. I think it was... um Ed, that gave it to me."

"Oh wow that's amazing news." I say sitting down on the sofa.

"Yeah. Since I saw your face all over the news and magazines, I was like 'Once I meet someone that knows Harry, I'm gonna get his number' and so I did, and here I am now."

"Where do you live now?" I ask biting my lip, hoping it wasn't far.

"Dublin, it's nice here. Amazing place. You're not that far, maybe you can come and visit."

"Yeah maybe I should. When are you free?" I say and look at Harry, he looks at me worryingly. So I put the phone on speaker. "Bella you're on speaker Harry's here too."

"Oh okay. Hi Harry!"

"Hi Bella," he mumbles.

I roll my eyes at his behaviour and ask again, "So? When are you free?"

"Um, this week and the next. Ed's taking a break."

"Wait you're Ed Sheeran's producer? Awesome."

"I know. So what do you say? Do you have time to visit here in Dublin?"

I look at Harry and he sighs eventually nodding. "Yeah you'll see me there. I'll go this week."

"Okay bye Maria."

"Bye. I can't wait."

"Me too. Bye Harry!"

"Bye Bella." he says smiling slightly and hangs up.

"So?" he says turning his gaze towards me.

"So?! Don't just sit there, help me start packing my suit case and yours," I say trying to get him up.

"I'm not going," he mumbles.

"What do you mean you're not going? Why?" I say frowning.

"I can't go. I'm sorry. She may be free this week but we're not. The boys and I are recording the fourth album." he says "I'm sorry, but you can go alone. I trust Bella, she used to be your best friend. She can't be a threat to you." he says standing up and kissing my forehead, "Now let's go pack your things."

+++

Niall's P.O.V

Today I'm visiting a certain person in jail. Harry's suposed to be here with me, but he cancelled. So I'm here with Stan, one of our bodygaurds and sit paciently in the chair waiting for Anna.

A police officer opens the door and in comes Anna with an orange jumpsuit, making her look like she's so much smaller.

"Niall? What are you doing here?" she asks while picking up the phone thats on the other side of the glass.

"I'm here to warn you that if you ever pull a stunt like that again. You're not only going to stay in a police cell, but you're going to jail permanently." I say seriously.

"You have no idea what I'm capable of," she says looking at Stan.

""This is over, face it. You lost." I spat at her.

"You have no idea..." she laughs, "This only the beginning. I'm going to ruin her life, if its the last thing I do," she says smiling.

I hung the phone back in its place and leave, Stan meeting me a while after. I look back and Anna looks at me evilly and Stan looks at me nervously.

++

Harry's P.O.V

"I'm going to miss you guys," she says smiling one last time.

"When are you coming back?" Louis asks once she finishes hugging everyone of us.

"I don't know. Stan has the ticket where it says everything," she says pointing at our bodygaurd Stan.

"Okay." I say smiling.

We all stand there waving goodbye as she slowly fades away from us.

"So, Stan, let me see the papers," I say once she's out of my view.

"Oh yeah. Here," he says handing me the paper and Niall looks at him curiously.

"It says she goes today and comes back in four days," I read out loud.

"I thought she was staying longer," Liam says confused.

"I guess she doesn't want to stay away for long?" I say shrugging.

"Harry, it's only four days. It doesn't make any sense," Zayn says grabbing the paper from my hands and starts looking at it. I look at the guys and they're all thinking of any solucions. I see Stan tense up once he hears Niall's voice.

"Yeah if I met up with a long time friend, I would've at least stayed one week," Niall says.

"Guys, Maria works in strange ways. Lets just let it slide and get back to it later," Louis says after a while.

"Yeah, I'm kind of hungry," Niall says and we all agree and I see Stan relax and starts chuckling at Niall's behaviour.

I just hope Maria is okay and lands safely.