I don't like goodbye's

Chapter 30

"Paul?" I say kneeling beside him. He was laying on the floor, a pool of blood covering his abdomen.

"What happened?" Harry whispered pushing some tears away from his eyes.

"I don't know..." I look at Paul and he starts moving, "Paul?"

"Maria..." he whisperes.

"I'm here," I grab his hand, "I'm here."

"What happened?" Harry said again this time a little louder.

"Her," he said tilting his head to side.

I look towards where he was pointing and I see... Anna?

"You? I thought we were friends," I say standing up and leaving Paul with Harry so I could walk towards her.

"Well you thought wrong." she said with a smirk and laughed, "You fell for it. It was so easy. You were- no wait you are so desperate for a friend that it actually made everything easier," she said coming closer to me 'till she was only 5 inches away from me.

"Actually your little boy toy here," she pointed at Harry, "...fell for it too, like, I don't know, like three years ago?" she starts walking towards Harry, "Don't you remember Harry? Who was in the car with you? Who got you drunk? Who was actually steering the car?" she said walking closer to Harry and Paul with every question.

"You?" Harry said finally after a little while.

"Exactly. You catch up on really quick, Harry." she said carressing his arm softly and that makes me lose it.

"Okay. Stop it! I don't know what kind of game you're trying to play, but playing with my feelings is not okay," I say walking towards her slowly and grabbing her arm to lift her up correctly. I point the gun at her gut and push her towards a seat and sit her down with the gun still pointing at her gut.

"Now time for the truth," I say.

"Fine. I got Harry drunk for money. Mark offered me an amazing deal. I got Harry drunk and took him to his car. I got him in his drivers seat but I drove because he was unconcious. When the car crashed with your mom's car, I got out of Harry's car and left him there to take the guilt." she said finishing her story off with a sigh. "So now that you know the thruth, can you let me go?" she said putting an innocent face.

"After all that you've done. Killing my family and blaming it on an innocent person. Pretending to be my friend and actually made me fall for it. Shooting my parental image when you knew that I have nothing else." I spat in her face, "Actually, come to think of it...no. I'm not letting you get away with this," I took a recorder out of my back pocket, "So that's why I came prepared. Harry call 911, now." I say looking at Harry.

I wrap Anna in the chair, so she doesnt move, and walk towards Paul.

"Hang in there Paul. We're going to get you some help," I say tears forming in my eyes. After all the crying I've done this year, I'm still suprised I still have tears in me.

"Don't... You've done so much to make me proud, but I know that I'm not going to survive," he takes a deep breath, "I love you, Maria. You're the best daughter I ever wished for." he whispered before closing his eyes.

"No, no, no, no. Please, please... Paul?" I cry, "Don't leave me... I love you. You're the best father I ever wished for," I say sobbing.

"Their on there way," I hear Harry say behind me. I look towards him and shake my head, "No, no. No!" he says tears rushing down his face. He kneels next to me and starts sobbing. I cradle him in my arms and kiss his temple, whispering sweet nothings into his ears because not only was Paul a father figure to me, he was everything to the boys, a friend, a protector, a tour buddy, someone to talk to, and most importantly he was a father figure too.

++

"Thank you all for joining us here today in the memory of Paul Higgins..." I spaced off into my own little world as the priest began to speak.

When 911 came that night, they arrested Anna. They already arrested Mark and Jack on their way towards the hospital once I showed them the recording of the entire conversation. Paul officially died at 12:05 am on Harry's living room floor.

Harry bought a new flat because he couldn't live with the thought of Paul dying in his home. None of the boys took this easily, especially Liam.

Since now that I only have my boys, I feel really lonely. I have no girl-friends. I have no family. I don't have place to call mine. The only thing I have is love and that's enough for me.

Homeless (Harry styles fanfiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें