Homless..again?

Chapter 12

Maria's P.O.V (when she got to Tampa)

I went up to the door and knocked.

This was it I'm finally meeting my father, after 20 years.

Finally when the door opened it wasn't my father.

"Can I help you?" the guy asked. I took a good look at him, he looked like he was in his fourties, and he was kind of chubby with food stains all over his shirt.

"Yeah," I rub my neck in embarrasment, "I'm looking for Bill Johnson?" I said trying to catch a glimpse inside the house. I looked at the guy and his face softened but he looked like he was about to cry.

"Billy?" I nod, "Umm kid... why do you want to know?" he asked

"I'm his daughter, " I said

"Maria?" I nod and he sighed, "I'm so sorry, but Billy died in the field the year after you were born in Afghanistan," oh great there goes my chances.

"Oh thank you anyway," I said giving him a warm smile.

"I'm his best friend Mark," he said waving goodbye at me and I smile as a thank you.

What am I going to do?

Call Paul or Harry.

I can't use my phone here because I'll have to pay 50 euros every minute.

I don't have any money.

I started walking and ended up infront of Pac Sun.

Amazing.

Homeless...again!

Paul's P.O.V (present)

Six days, amazing. Maria hasn't called for six days and it's sickening me. So, I'm going to search for her.

Right now I was in a plane to Tampa.

When I got there I went straight to the house and knocked.

"Hello how can I help you?" the stranger asked.

"Yeah I'm looking Maria?" I asked

"Maria came here, dude, but her father is not here, he's dead so she left. I can't help you bro, so bye," he said after closing the door.

Great let's start in the streets, since Maria loves them.

++++

It's been one day after I landed and still no sign of Maria. I was inside Pac Sun buying some clothes for Maria in case I do actually find her and walked out until I heard a beautiful harmony.

You and I we don't want to be like them.

We can make it 'till the end.

No nothing can come between you and I

"Maria! I've been looking everywhere for you," I screamed

"Paul?" I nodded "Thank god you're here I couldn't call it would cost me £50. I'm sorry," she said with hurtful eyes and hugging me tight.

"No worries, but you have to come home now and fast," I said grabbing her and running towards the airport.

"Wait, why are you such in a hurry?" she said stopping to catch her breath.

"It's Harry," she looks down in regret, "Let's just say, he's not in a great state."

++

Maria's P.O.V

Knock knock knock

"Go away!!" I heard him say.

"It's been eight days," I said

"Go away Louis," he said

He thought I was Louis, how funny.

"Harry, it's not Louis. Now open this door," I said sweetly

"Maria? No it's impossible," he said and I heard shuffling in side the room.

"Just open the door," I said and that he did. When he did he started crying.

"I'm going crazy," he steps back closing his eyes and opening them again, "I'm starting to imagine you," he said while leaning on the wall.

"Harry," I hugged him "I'm real, the doctors were wrong, I'm alive I swear," I said trying to grab his hand but he rejects it.

"Prove it," he said.

I started leaning in and smashed my lips with his. I pull away after a while and rested my forehead against his.

"It's really you," he said smiling.

"Yeah it's really me," I say smiling and kissed him again, "Are those the same clothes you wore when I left?" I said eying him up and down.

"Umm yeah?" he said rubbing the bak of his neck and blushing.

"You're too cute," I smiled at him and he hugged me so tight.

I'm glad I'm back home.