Chapter 70.

Everyone is acting weird lately, and not the normal type. It all seemed to have started the other day when Tammy and I hung out. Hailey wasn't able to join us, but when we invited her the next day she had declined again.

That's not what's upsetting me though, she's been hanging out with Tammy lately. Just Tammy, I wasn't invited and she didn't spend time with the two of us those days ago. I'm starting to think I said something or did something that may have upset her.

That's why I'm on my way to her house right now. No one knows, not Tammy, not Devon, and definitely not Hailey. She'll just reject me the right to visit her, and that won't solve anything.

Devon and I aren't talking still and I don't know how to feel about that. We have never went without talking for more than two days so this kind of worries me.

I can't think about that right now, though, my main focus is on Hailey and what has her so weird lately. And frankly, that's all that makes up my mind as I pull into her driveway.

I wonder how she's going to react? Will she be mad or happy? Will she kick me out of her house? Or will she tell me what the hell is wrong with her?

All of those scenarios fly out the window as I notice my brothers car parked along side the street. Confusion takes over every single thought in my body and I try to make sense of the situation.

Maybe it's not him, I mean I'm sure there are cars out there that look like his.

With the same exact dent on the passenger side of the car?

This doesn't make sense at all, why would she be hanging out with Devon and not me-

"I'm done talking about this, Hailey." I turn around quickly, my ears perking up the sound of my brothers voice.

"Done talking?" She asks sounding out of breath. "We didn't talk at all!"

"Really?" I finally spot them walking out of the door. "I think we've talked enough; you're getting an abortion and that's all to it."

"You aren't going to even try?" She sounds heartbroken.

"Hailey," he says her name sternly. "This; will never work-"

"Bella?" Hailey spots me first, and by the deer-caught-in-the-headlights look on her face, she's not too happy about it. "What are you doing here?"

"I - uh -" I clear my throat, feeling at loss for words. The fact that my brother is here isn't helping. "I came to see what's up with you."

"What's up with me?"

"Yeah," I nod, my eyes shifting to my brother who looks pissed and anxious at the same time. "Abortion?"

I feel numb. It can't be what I think it is, it can't be. These two people wouldn't do that to me. Would they?

"We - I -" I feel sick now. And without much mindfulness, I start backing away from them, wanting to get to my car as fast as possible. "Let us explain."

Let us explain. Let me explain.

"You're pregnant?" I say without breath. I feel suffocated, like someone's hands are wrapped around my throat, blocking oxygen the passage to get to my heart.

"Bella, please," Hailey begs on the verge of tears, but my ears are clogged. The light headedness that I feel isn't safe, but I stumble to my mothers car anyway. And when I nearly trip over my own two feet, Devon grabs me making my arm jerk away.

"Don't touch me!" I scream. What has he done? Who is he? "Don't touch me ever again."

Hailey sobs as I get into the car, locking the door as fast as possible where Devon tries to open them.