Chapter 71.

My eyes slowly flutter open after what feels like days and they take in the room that I lay. Gavin's.

"Hey," he moves a strand of hair out of my face. I notice the soft smile etching his lips, but the concern in his eyes.

"How long have I been asleep?" I ask, sitting up from my position and stretching my arms over my head.

"About an hour and a half," he tells me, folding his arms behind his head, watching me as I pull my hair into a high ponytail.

"Great," I mumble when checking my phone. Fifty missed calls from Tammy, twenty missed calls from Hailey, twenty five missed calls from Devon and fifty three from my mom. I'm going to be in so much trouble. I hadn't realized until now how impulsive my actions were.

"What?" He asks.

"My moms probably going to be pissed," I say, hopping off his bed to find my shoes. I need to leave before I get into even more trouble that I can't get myself out of. I'm probably going on two weeks grounding already, no need to add on to that.

"You haven't told me exactly why that would be?" He's sitting up now, looking like he already knows the reason.

"Gavin-"

"Tammy called me." My heart drops. "She was worried about you. She told me what happened, I'm sorry-"

"I don't need your pity," I snap, but immediately regret it. "I just wanted a break. When I finally thought I could get over this whole thing with you another thing is thrown my way. It's tiring."

"Come here." There's something about the way a man says these words, demanding yet soft and it makes me join him on the bed. He pulls me to straddle his lap.

"I just want it to stop." I feel emotional again. "All the things that are being revealed, you know? The bet, my brother being the cause of it and now my best friend is pregnant because of him! It's too much, it's too much."

"I know, baby," he cups my cheek where I lean into it. "And I'm so sorry for everything that's happened, I really am, if I could take away your pain I would. Think of it this way, God wouldn't let things like this happen if he didn't know you could handle it."

I nearly snort. "When did you become so deep?"

"Shut up," he playfully glares. "Or I'm going to have to make you."

I blush. "Oh really? Why is it that I doubt that?"

"Mm," he hums, his nose brushing against mine. "I guess I'll have to show you."

I giggle as soon as his lips are placed over mine, my body quivering in anticipation already. The moment is tongue slides past my lips, deepening the purpose, I fall under his spell once again. Kissing him could easily be one of the best things to happen to me today.

•••

"Bella Marie Duffy, where the hell have you been?" I cringe at the pure rage in my mothers voice as I step through the door. I shouldn't be surprised that she's this angry.

"At a friends," I mumble. I'm almost seventeen, I don't need baby sitting every where I go.

"That doesn't explain why you didn't answer any of my calls or the fact that Hailey came by in tears looking for you." Hailey? Just as the question crosses my mind, a puffy eyed Hailey walks through the entryway from the kitchen.

"Did she tell you why I wasn't answering her calls or yours?" I ask, staring at her. I can't help but feel disgusted.

"No - I -"