Chapter 72.

"Bella?" He questions as soon as the door opens

"Bella?" He questions as soon as the door opens. He looks as if he's just woken up, the absence of his shirt and the dishelved appearance of his hair would properly say so.

"Yeah," I breathe out, my heart racing tremendously fast. I feel the blood pumping behind my ears, the redness in my cheeks obviously being noticeable by now.

"W-what-" he clears his throat, running a hand through his hair. "What are you doing here?"

"Well," I take a deep breath in. "I came to talk - about what happened."

It takes a while for him to speak again, and I'll admit, I contemplated turning around and joining Hailey back in the car.

"Alright," he says. "Come in."

•••

"Please tell me you're joking," Gavin begs, pacing around his room. How'd I know he was going to act like this?

"I needed to do it, Gavin," I reply softly. The distraught look in his eyes has me worried. "It helped me forgive."

"Then you should've let me come with you." I give him a look. "Or someone! You should've let someone go with you."

I sigh, sitting on his bed, suddenly feeling nostalgic. This room, this bed, so many memories and they all seem to come swarming into my head. I suddenly have to look away from Gavin.

"I wasn't trying to gang up on him," I say quietly.

"Who said anything-"

"If I brought someone with me he may have not told me everything that happened," I say, looking back at him. I can tell he wants to say something else, possibly defend that, but he doesn't. "He didn't tell me anything I didn't already know anyway. Except the video."

When that topic came up I had been more nervous than I had been that entire conversation. I was worried for a few things, that Gavin actually did record us and lied about it, or that he knew about it at least.

"I-" he stopped himself. "Gavin didn't know about the video, by the way."

I had heard something of the sort before, but hearing it from him seems more real.

I bit at my lip persistently, waiting for him to speak again. I needed to hear the next words that he was going to say. I needed to.

"The night before you found out," he says, looking down at his hands. "We knew that you two were probably going to do something that night. If you didn't, it wouldn't have been a big deal, but we put a camera in every room just in case.

"Darren was obsessed with the entire bet. He lived off of what Gavin told him and didn't care to pay him for it. Richard and I knew that what we were doing was wrong, but we both had something against Gavin so we continued.