I Yell At a Stupid Hat

As soon as we arrived Professor Dumbledore was waiting for me.
"Ahh Ebony I'm here to get you sorted please follow me and we can head to the great hall." I followed Dumbledore towards what I'm guessing is the great hall, it's big and it's a hall so hopefully I'm right. He took me to where a bunch of first years were huddled and I stood with them. I'm tall already but being with these kids made me feel like a giant. Suddenly the whole hall quieted as Dumbledore was announcing something. Then the weird talking hat thing sang a stupid song and we started the sorting.

"Before we begin with the first years we have an exchange student coming to Hogwarts for her fifth year. Please welcome Ms. Ebony Pettigrew!" I heard the Mauraders start cheering their heads off. "Ebony could you please come up to the sorting hat to get you sorted." Dumbledore called to me. I nodded and sat on the stupid chair and got the stupid hat out on my head.

Ahhh another Pettigrew I see, hmm surprises await you this year
"Could you please shut up and get me sorted!" I said to the hat. I apparently said it to loud as a couple student in the hall started giggling.
Ahh not a Hufflepuff I see, against knowledge, can't be a Ravenclaw. You would be the perfect Slytherin.
Eff you, I thought to the hat as he chuckled.
Ahh I guess I'd better put you in "Gryffindor!" I heard cheering from the Gryffindor table as I skipped over. Peter gave me a thumbs up and James pulled me in to sit beside him.

"Now I have to deal with you nerds for the rest of my life!" I complained.
"Wow Ebony I'm crushed." James said in mock offence.
"You could always ditch us after we graduate!" Remus put in.
"Don't give her any ideas." James complained.

"Let the feast commence!" I heard Dumbledore call. He clapped his hands and food appeared. I giggled in happiness and started piling food onto my plate.
"Jeez Eb, didn't they feed you at Beauxbatons?" James asked.
"Eh," I replied with a shrug. "It was mostly just healthy food, like salad."
"How did you live without chocolate?!" Sirius asked butting in. I smirked.
"I have my ways."

I don't remember what happened next just me eating and the marauders being amazed that I could stuff that much food into my stomach. Before I knew it, it was time to go to our dorm. I was lounging on one of the couches in the dorm when I felt Lily nudge me.
"Huh?" I asked her suddenly paying attention. Her and Remus chuckled.
"Quidditch tryouts are next week." She said to me, I was a beater at my old school.
"Isn't James trying out?" I questioned. She nodded
"Why do you care?" She asked curiously. "Do you like him." A sly grin came on her face.
"Lily I've only known him for like a week, if I do ever start to like him I'll let you know." I said rolling my eyes. "Goodnight Lils."
"Are you going to sleep already?" I looked at her confused.
"It's nine thirty, I like sleeping." She shrugged.
I laughed at her as I headed up to our room.

I got to our room to find two girls already in there. One was gorgeous and slightly on the chubby side with long brown hair and brown eyes, from what Lily had told me this was Marlene, Sirius's on again, off again girlfriend. And the other one was blonde with light brown eyes and from what I'm guessing this was Alice, who had a crush on Frank Longbottom. "Hi!" I said smiling at them warmly. "I'm Ebony, but you can call me Eb or Ebbie if you like."
"I'm Alice," The one I guessed was Alice smiled at me. "And over there is Marlene. She's not gonna talk cause we made a bet so she's not being rude she's just trying to make money." Marlene smiled and waved at me.

Suddenly I heard a knock on the door. "Come in!" Alice called as Lily opened the door and came walking in. She dramatically fell to her bed in happiness.
"What's the matter Lily?" I asked her.
"So, Elliot Harolds came up to me and asked me to Hogsmeade the next time we go, and guess what?" She asked excitedly.
"He died and got transported into Hell?" Marlene asked rolling her eyes. Lily glared at her in a friendly way.
"Marlene! You owe me ten sickles!" Alice shouted pointing at her. Marlene groaned and cursed rather loudly.
"Language." Lily sang. "Anyway, I said yes!"
"Lily, you just met him how can you say yes?" I asked her confused.
"Ebony we've all known each other since we were eleven. Lily has had a crush on him since second year."
"Oh right, I'm the one who doesn't know anyone." I laughed.

"Everyone, lights out!" We heard a prefect yell from the common room.
"Fudge I haven't changed yet." I grabbed my pyjamas and headed to the bathroom, by the time I was back and changed and brushed my teeth and everything, everyone was asleep. I got into my bed and as soon as my head hit the pillow I was out like a light.