Awkward Dating

"Lilyyyy, I can't find anything to wear." I complained to her.
"It's just a date Ebbie." She rolled her eyes at me.
"Don't listen to Lily, Ebbie." Marlene said putting her hands on my ears. I grabbed some clothes and changed.
"How's this?" I asked twirling. I was wearing a pair of jeans and a pale pink tee shirt.
"Simple, I like it." Marlene said with a thumbs up.
"I'll wear my white boots, my black jacket, my pink gloves and pink earmuffs?" I asked her.
"Sounds good, James will love it."
"I'm not dressing for James." I said groaning at her.
"Then why did you ask our opinion?" Lily questioned.
"To boost my ego." I replied winking. "See you later girls!" I called walking out of the common room blowing a kiss at them.

"Hi, Ebony." James said when he saw me.
"Shall we?" I asked him smiling.
"We shall." He responded as we walked out. "So, I was thinking we should head to the three broomsticks?" He asked me.
"Sounds good to me." I responded.

We got to the three broomsticks and got a table for two.
"What do you want?" He asked me.
"Hmm?" I asked distracted.
"What do you want to drink?" He asked.
"Hot chocolate, but please let me pay."
"Let me pay, I'm the gentleman."
"And I'm the gentlewoman, I want to pay."
"You win." He shrugged and we both got a hot chocolate.
We kinda sat there making small talk for the rest of the date it was pretty boring and wasn't working. Once we finished our drinks we headed out to the hill overlooking the shrieking shack.

"I need to talk to you." James and I blurted out at the same time.
"Heh, sorry you first." James said to me.
"James, I, I don't think that this is working out. Us I mean." James breathed out a sigh of relief. I raised an eyebrow at him.
"I feel the same way," He responded. "I think we are better off as friends."
"Yeah." I said laughing.
"So you'll go with me to the ball? As friends." I nodded.
"Friends it is." I agreed. "I need to go find Lily." I said to him.,
"See you." He said to me. I smiled and kissed his cheek.

I found Lily chatting with Marlene on a bench.
"Hey gals." I said to them.
"How'd the date go?" Marlene asked.
"It didn't work out, we decided we were better off as friends."
Marlene groaned. "You guys would have been the cutest couple ever!"
"Don't worry Marly, Rebony can still work, or Ebirius." Lily put in. I rolled my eyes.
"I'll bet you a galleon she dates Sirius." Marlene bet Lily.
"Deal." Lily replied shaking Marlene's hand. "Rebony will be real!" Lily announced. I groaned and lay back on the bench.

Alice ran up to us breathless.
"I've been looking all over for you guys." She announced.
"Why?" I said.
"Dress shopping!" She squealed. We gasped and ran with her into Dresses for Witchcraft and Wizardry.

It took an hour for us to get dresses, Lily got a knee length gold dress, it had spaghetti straps and had sequins on the top and became a thin fabric at the bottom. Alice got a light blue knee length dress, with quarter length see through light blue sleeves. The light blue slowly turned into dark blue as it went to the end of the dress. Marlene got a tiny black dress that showed off her curves and had a neckline that was incredibly low. I ended up getting the first dress I tried on, which was a Gryffindor red dress that had tiny sleeves. It was see through at the top but got opaque towards the bottom.

"Well that was something." I said as we walked out of the shop.
"Say that again." Alice agreed.
"So, you and Frank?" Lily asked Alice. Alice turned red.
"Yeah," She said smiling. "He asked me before I found you guys. We surrounded Alice in hugs, she had been crushing on Frank for a while.
"Marlene you going with anyone?" Lily asked her.
"I just broke up with Justin, and I've received four invites so far. I don't know who I'm going with." She replied shrugging. I shook my head.
"Marlene how long was your longest relationship?" I asked her laughing.
"A week and a day."
"With who?" Alice asked.
"Sirius, it was a mutual break up, what about you Lily?"
"I'm going with Remus as friends."
"And I'm going with James as friends." I replied.
"Friends!? What happened?" Alice exclaimed. I quickly filled her in on what happened.

"I'll see you guys later, I'm headed to the forbidden forest." I called as I walked off.
"It's called forbidden for a reason!" Lily called to me.
"Whatever!" I called back.
I ran towards the forest and once out of sight of anyone I transformed into my animagus form, a raccoon. I was running through the forest when I came across two boys. I hid and watched as two more join them. As I crept closer I realized they were the marauders.

"Now Moony, why can't we tell the girls, they aren't going to think your a monster."
"Pads, I am a monster.
"Moony you are the most un-monstery person we know."
I realized the two talking were Remus and Sirius.
"I don't care!" Remus again. "Everyone thinks werewolves are monsters." I gasped, Remus was a werewolf.
"What was that?" James asked.
"I don't know I'll go check it out." Sirius responded. A black dog walked up to me and then transformed into the one and only Sirius Black. He laughed.
"Guys no need to worry it's just an iddy bitty raccoon." I growled at him.
"Why does the raccoon have a bit of pink on it's tail?" On that note I took off running back towards Hogwarts.

I turned back into human form and raced up to my bed. I lay down on my bed. Life is complicated, I thought. I decided to go sleep early, I changed and lay down and ever so slowly I drifted off to sleep.