Back to Hoggy Warty Hogwarts

"Bye Hanna," I said giving her a hug, "I'll miss you."
"I'll miss you too." She responded giving me a final hug. "Okay, now you've got to go."
"Fine." I grumbled and ran through the stone pillar.

I smiled as I absorbed the sounds, and the smells, and sights of the Hogwarts express station. I placed my bag gently on the luggage platform, and headed through the door onto the train. The train was a rush of green, red, yellow and blue, as the students ran around hugging friends and finding compartments. I walked through the sliding doors of the Mauraders' compartment to find Sirius 'I date everyone' Black snogging some random Hufflepuff.

"Umm, excuse me?" I said tapping the Sirius's shoulder.
"Oh, hi Ebony," He said looking up.
"Aren't you going to introduce us?" I asked gesturing to the girl sitting beside Sirius.
"Oh yeah, this is Ebony, Ebony this is Kathy." He said with a smile. The girl stood up and slapped him on the cheek.
"It's Eve!" She burst out and stomped out of the compartment. The slap mark on Sirius's cheek was growing redder.
"That was entertaining." I said raising my eyebrows at him. Sirius smirked at me.
"Jealous are we?" He asked.
"Ha, in your dreams." I responded.
"Then how come you haven't gone on a date since our kiss?"
"Maybe because I am not currently interested in dating anyone?" I retorted.
"Mhmm?"

"Ebony!" Peter announced when he walked in. "How was Christmas?"
"It was great!" I responded giving him a hug. James and Remus both came in and joined in hugging me. I ducked under their arms and moved back to sit beside Sirius.
"Decided you're in love with me?" Sirius asked again.
"Ew, Ebbie I don't want Padfoot as my brother in law." Peter said scrunching up his nose.
"That's offensive Wormtail!" Sirius said giving Peter a friendly slap on the back.
"You guys are all insane." I responded they glared at me.
"You are too!" Sirius insisted.
"Anyone would be if they were stuck on earth with you." I chimed. "That rhymed." I said with a grin.
"Yeah." James said to me as if I were a little kid.
"Well I'm off to find Lily and those children!" I announced as I stepped out of the compartment.
"Can I come?" James asked.
"Nope, find her yourself." I said as I ran out of the compartment.

"Lily, Marlene, Alice!" I announced once I found their compartment. They surrounded me in hugs, and I found a place next to Marlene. "Oh, Marlene I'm wearing the earrings you got for me now!" I said pulling my hair back to show off the Gryffindor earrings.
"They look gorgeous," She said "Lily, what are you doing?" She asked, Lily was looking through the Potions textbook.
"I'm studying, you do know O.W.L.s are this year?" She responded shaking her head.
"Those are in June, we have so much time for fun before worrying about those." Marlene said with a snort.
"Fine, but don't come crawling to me when you're failing," She responded. "Oh, I'm sorry that was rude."
"Lily, is it that time of the month?" Marlene asked her. Lily rolled her eyes in response.
"You're a werewolf?" I gasped.
"No!" Lily groaned.

"Okay, so you like Sirius Black?!" Marlene explained, a half hour had already passed since I joined them.
"Yes, but keep it down." I responded looking around nervously.
"You should ask him out." Alice stated matter of a factly.
"I can't just ask him out," I said. "He's a player, he'll break my heart."
"True." Lily piped up.
"I'll talk to him." I said rolling my eyes.
"What if he likes you, and you have a wondrous love story but you and your children die, and he goes to Azkaban!" Alice announced.
"Eh," Marlene responded with a giggle.

"Have you guys heard of the threat?" Alice asked suddenly.
"No, what do you mean?" Lily said tilting her head to the side.
"You mean the guy killing muggles and muggleborns," I asked. "It's all over the Daily Prophet." I said in response to Lily's confused look.
"They say he'll be the next Grindelwald." Marlene said with a shiver.
"We'll fight him." Lily stated.
"Yeah!" I announced agreeing.
"In our seventh year we'll talk to Dumbledore about it, let's make a pact." Marlene said.
"Agreed." Alice and I responded at the same time.
"I'm going to be an Auror." I said.
"We'll all be Aurors." Marlene smiled.

"Did I hear someone say Sirius Black?" Sirius said sticking his head in through the doorframe.
"No,"
"Aww, well Ebony was thinking it." He said plopping down next to me. Following him were James, Remus, and Peter.
"No I wasn't." I responded. "I was thinking about Edward Valentino, the Ravenclaw." I said, coming up with an excuse to get Sirius off my back. His smile seemed to have tightened when I said that, but it was so fast I may have imagined it.
"So, Lily Hogsmeade is coming up, do you want to go together?" James asked putting his arm around Lily's shoulders.
"I'd rather go with a toad." She responded ducking under the arm.

"We're at Hogwarts!" Alice smiled as we saw the train pull in. Bundling up, and grabbing our stuff the eight of us headed out of the train and into the cold frosty air of Hogwarts.

A/N: I'm sorry for the long wait, I hope you enjoyed the chapter. I changed it so that the group is in their fifth year rather than their fourth. Please comment and follow to encourage faster updates. Word count: 900