Hogsmeade without actually going to Hogsmeade

"Ebony, it's Valentine's Day, got anyone special you're going to Hogsmeade with?" Alice asked me.
"Nah, I'm thinking of skipping the trip altogether. I was going with Jason Hikel but he blew me off." I replied with a shrug.
"Well, apparently Sirius isn't going either," She replied wiggling her eyebrows.
"We're just friends," I replied with a small smile.
"Sure," Alice replied rolling her eyes.
"Anyway, you go have fun with Frank." I shooed her off towards where everyone was getting ready to go to Hogsmeade. After Alice and the others left I grabbed some of my books to go to the library.

"Pettigrew, don't you have a date to get to?" Sirius asked smirking at me. I swirled around to face him.
"Don't you have one too Black?" I shot back.
"Nah, I broke up with her yesterday," He replied running a hand through his hair with his signature smirk on.
"Sirius, I've got to go study." I mumbled walking towards the library.
"Look, Ebony." He said grabbing my hand. "Can you help me with something?" He asked looking around to make sure no one else could see.
"The great Sirius Black needs help with something?" I asked with a laugh.
"Keep it down." He hushed pulling me into the library. He pulled me down to hidden table in the back of the library.
"Ebony, I'm failing Charms, and I've got to pass this exam or I'll fail my O.W.L." He said, his eyes darting around for any sign of anyone else in the library.
"Fine, but you owe me." I responded taking out the Charms textbook.

"What do you use?" I asked Sirius after three hours of studying.
"Expulso?" He asked.
"Alohamora." I said shaking my head.
"I'm never going to get this," He said, putting his head in his hands.
"Sirius c'mon you can do this," I said putting my hand on his arm. "This is a major test, and your going to fail your Charms O.W.L if you get this wrong."
"Ebony, I can't do this." He replied looking up at me.
"Yes you can," I replied. "Now what spell would you use to levitate something?"
"Wingardium Leviosa!" He burst out.
"I told you you could do it." I smirked.
"Thanks Ebony," He smiled. "Would you mind not telling anyone, I mean James would tease me until..."
"It's fine." I said.

"Ebony, thanks for not thinking I'm completely stupid," Sirius said his cheeks tinged pink.
"You're not stupid, you're actually pretty smart," I said as I placed a hand on his arm.
"But you're smart and beautiful, and-"
"You think I'm beautiful?" I smirked. "Who's in love now?"
"Well if you weren't in love with me would you let me do this?" He asked and leaned over. He gently placed his lips on mine, I pulled away and gasped in surprise.
"I'm sorry, I don't know what I was thinking." He said flustered grabbing his stuff to go.
"Wait, Sirius!" I said.
"What is it?" He turned to me with an unreadable expression on his face.
"That was nice." I smiled shyly. "Maybe we could do it again sometime?" I asked.
"Can you do tomorrow at eight?" He asked.
"In the room of requirement." I confirmed nodding my head.

"Ebony, there you are!" Lily announced as she came into the library. "Are you okay?" She waved her hand in front of my face.
"Sorry Lily, I got distracted."
"Well I can see that," She announced. "You need to come see this, James is hurting Sev." I looked up at her in surprise and we rushed out to the ground of Hogwarts. The snow had just melted and the grass was wet, I felt freezing water soak through my socks into my feet.

"Scourgify!" She heard James yelling to a certain Slytherin that was hanging upside down in the air. A group of Gryffindors had surrounded them and were laughing, and cheering James on.
"Leave him ALONE!" Lily announced as she ran up to where James, and Sirius were standing. Remus was standing back, and my idiotic brother was laughing his head off.
"Alright Evans?" James asked her. I glared at him as Lily made her way up to be standing right in front of James.
"Leave him alone, what's he done to you?"
Well, it's more the fact that he exists if you know what I mean." James said causing laughter throughout the circle of Gryffindors. I curled my lip in disgust at what my supposed friend was saying.
"You think you're funny," Lily started. "But you're just an arrogant, bullying, toe rag Potter. Leave him alone."
"I will if you go out with me, Evans," James said quickly. "Go on... go out with me, and I'll never lay a hand on old Snivelly again."
"James Potter!" I shrieked as I marched up the hill. "How dare you, how dare you! He has not done anything to you, and blackmailing Lily? You're disgusting, all of you. Peter, Sirius, even you Remus. Remus I expected better. How could you just stand there and watch?" I glared at them all and went storming towards the castle.

"Ebbie, Ebony wait!" Sirius called as he raced down the hill.
"I don't want to talk to you." I announced.
"It wasn't me, I got there and James was already doing it."
"I didn't see you stopping him, did you expect me to be one of your girlfriends, the ones who just do everything you wish and fall at your feet?" I glared at him.
"Ebony I'm sorry, I don't know why I did it. I guess I was trying to impress you or something." He said. I stopped and whirled around to him.
"Sirius, I like you, I really do but if you are going to act like this I'd rather not be around you." I said as I walked through our common room door.
"Ebony, what can I do to apologize, please I'll do anything."
"Sirius, I don't know. The guy I just saw wasn't you, you're no better than the Slytherins who bully muggleborns, you and James just hurt him because he's friends with Lily." I said as I walked into my room.

About ten minutes later Lily came bursting into our room, tears running down her face.
"What happened?" I asked her and she came to sit beside me.
"He called me a, a mudblood," She sobbed.
"James?" I asked.
"No, Snape." She replied.
"It'll be okay, don't worry," I hugged her. I brought out a tissue box for her.
"I hate him." She said. "I hate him, and I hate Potter."
"Don't worry, I hate them too." I replied as I dried her tears.

A/N: That was hard, I had to do my research for this scene. Please comment, vote, and follow so I am encouraged to update faster. I hope you enjoyed. Word count: 1117