We Wear Pretty Dresses

I awoke at 10:00 having missed breakfast. I changed into my robes and headed into the common room. Lily, Marlene, and Alice were seated there chatting.
"Hey guys!" I said plopping down to sit with them, "What's up?"
"What's up!" Marlene exclaimed. "What's up, everything is up! We have a huge dance tonight and your looking like you just woke up!"
"I did just wake up." I said to her rolling my eyes. "What time is the dance anyway?"
"It starts at four." Marlene replied.
"Exactly, now why are you worrying about it now." I asked. She let out a humph and started pouting.
"It's okay Marley, I'll let you do my makeup and hair and stuff after lunch."
"Okay!" She beamed.
"Now follow me, I want to show you something." I raced down the hall with the other four struggling to keep up, eventually we got towards the Forbidden Forest.
"Wait a second." Lily said. "We are at the Forbidden Forest, it's called forbidden for a reason."
"Don't be a poop Lily." I said sticking my tongue out at her.
"Fine." She groaned, I grinned and ran into the forest with them behind me.

"What did you want to show us?" Alice as confused.
"Okay, are you ready?" I said. They nodded in response. I turned into my animagi form, a raccoon. They all gasped in amazement. I turned back to human form and smirked at them. "Me and my friend, Hanna were working to become Animagi. We got caught and that was why I got expelled. Hanna didn't get expelled because she's the second cousin of some professor. What they didn't find out was that Hanna and I did end up becoming Animagi, she's a pigeon, and I'm a raccoon as you just saw."
"So your an illegal Animagi?" Lily questioned.
"Yeah." I smiled sheepishly at her. "Please don't tell anyone."
"We would never." Alice said hugging me. Lily and Marlene soon joined.
"Thanks guys," I said crawling out of their grasp.
"Now turn again, I wanna play with you." Marlene ordered. I smiled and transformed. We spent the rest of the morning in the Forbidden Forest.

"So Lily, it turned out that the feelings I felt for Ebony was only brotherly love, so your free to be in love with me again." James said causing Lily to choke on the sandwich she was eating.
"For the last time James Potter, I am not in love with you!" She said rolling her eyes.
"Don't worry James, she'll come around someday." I said cheekily.
"Don't encourage it!" Lily scolded me."
"C'mon Ebbie, you said you'd let me help you get ready." Marlene said grabbing my wrist. I looked to Lily for help, she just waved and I scowled at her following Marlene up.

After the longest three hours of my life Marlene said I was ready. I was wearing the red dress I bought with my white high tops. Marlene somehow found me Gryffindor earrings, and a Gryffindor necklace. For makeup I was wearing some red eyeshadow and red lipgloss, Marlene insisted that I had to wear makeup. I had a complicated braided ponytail that took a half hour to do. I grabbed my wand and tucked it into a hidden pocket that Lily transfigured onto my dress for emergencies.
"Girl, you look gorgeous." Marlene said, proud of her work.
"Thanks so much." I said twirling.
"It's what I do." She said.

I headed downstairs towards the banquet hall to meet up with the boys. Lily and Alice were already there.
"C'mon let's go meet the boys." Lily said as she followed the halls towards where we planned on meeting. Remus, James, Sirius, Peter, and Frank were already waiting there. Marlene, Peter, and James had decided not go with anyone.
"Hey Remus, are you sure you don't want to switch dates?" James asked.
"Don't you dare answer that question Remus." Lily ordered him.
"Shall we?" James asked me holding his hand out.
"Idiot." I responded grabbing his arm as we walked in.

I gasped, the hall was beautiful, it had been redecorated and there was a huge cleared area for a dance floor. A magical orchestra was playing and about twenty couples were dancing. There were tables surrounding the dance floor with all the snacks you could imagine. There were also multiple chairs throughout the hall for those who didn't want to dance.

"Do you want to dance?" James questioned me holding his hand out. I shrugged.
"Why not?" And grasped his hand, my other one placed on his shoulder. After the song ended we noticed Lily sitting on her own.
"I must go rescue my Lily-flower from eternal boredom!" He announced. I laughed as he sprinted off towards her.
I noticed Sirius standing on his own and walked over.
"Sirius, spread the word around that a truth or dare game is going on in the Gryffindor common room at five." I whispered into his ear. "Gryffindor only." He nodded and ran off to spread the word.

"Would you like to dance Ebony?" Someone said. I turned around and it was Peter.
"Let's go," I smiled to him and I learned that Peter was a horrible dancer. My feet were sore from him stepping all over them. About halfway through the song Sirius tapped Peter's shoulder.
"Can I cut in?" He asked Peter. Peter nodded and wandered off to the snack tables.
"Thank you, I don't my feet would've lasted the rest of the song." Sirius laughed.
"Well, now you'll have to deal with me." He said with a smirk.
"Ooh yeah that is a problem." I said.
"Ebbie!" He said in mock offence. "I've spread the word, they're meeting in the common room in five minutes." He whispered. I nodded.
"C'mon we'd better go now." I said grabbing his hand and pulling him out of the hall. We headed into the common room and so far the people gathered there were James, Lily, Marlene, Frank, Peter, Gregory Wood, Elia Brown, and more people were coming.
After the final people arrived, Remus, Molly Prewett, Arthur Weasley, and Herena Royal, we began.

"Hello everyone, welcome to Truth Or Dare." I announced with a smirk.