O.W.L.s and our last day at Hogwarts

O.w.l.s, today is the final day of testing. Lily and I have tests for History of Magic, and Defence against the Dark Arts. I think I did alright on the exams we've already done, Charms, Potions, Transfiguration, Care of Magical Creatures, and Arithmacy. I had to get at least an E for each one to do what I wanted to do, be an Auror.

"You ready?" Lily asked, we were walking to our second last o.w.l., History of Magic.
"You know it." I nodded, a half smile on my face. We walked into the room with our quills and began writing the o.w.l.

A frown formed as soon as I saw the exam, what were the goblin riots, when were the goblin riots? My brain was zipping around as I started to write.

"How do you think it went?" Lily asked me as soon as we left the exam hall.
"I dunno, but it was bloody awful!" I stated.
"You know it." She nodded.
"You guys did okay?" Remus asked as we were walking.
"Easier than the Charms one." I said with a nod.
"I beg to differ!" Sirius said as he joined our group. "The Charms one was fun and easy the History Of Magic one was the hardest one I've done yet."
"Sirius we don't even take History Of Magic!" James said, as he came with Peter.
"Wait, we don't?" Peter said with his nose scrunched up.
"We had to write about wand legislation, the goblin riots of the eighteenth century, the statue of secrecy breach, and the formation of international confederation of wizards!" I ranted in annoyance.
"And why the warlocks of leichtenstein didn't join." Remus put in. I groaned and put my head in my hands.

"Don't worry Ebbie, it'll be okay." James laughed patting her shoulder.
"It's your fault for taking History of Magic." Sirius put in with a smirk, I swatted his head.
"But I want to be an Auror," I whined. "And if I get below Exceeds Expectations than I can't become one,"
"If anyone were to become an Auror, it would be Ebony Pettigrew." Lily smiled.
"Thanks Lil," I said giving her a hug. "Or should I say Mrs. Potter," I gave her a cheeky smiled.
"No!" She said and poked me in the ribs.
"Ow," I said rubbing my side.
"Mrs. Lily Potter, that does have a nice ring to it." Sirius remarked.
"Yeah!" James exclaimed "It works great!"
"Not you too," Lily said groaning at Sirius.
"Aw come on Lilyflower, date me, you won't regret it." James whined at her.
"I'd rather date Sirius." She spat.
"Sirius!" James shouted. "Is there something you're not telling me?"
"Well, I am irresistible," He said thoughtfully.
"Come on loverboy, we have Defence against the Dark Arts." I said pushing Sirius towards the examination room.

"And for our final task, please produce a corporeal patronus!" Professor Seacaster said.
"Easy," James scoffed. The other Mauraders were elbowing each other and grinning. I looked to Lily in confusion but she just shrugged.
"Mr. Potter, since you find it so easy why don't you go first." The professor said. James smirked and sauntered onto the platform.
"Expecto Patronum!" He yelled and a stag formed out of the white mist. He walked off and bowed.
"Mr. Potter, I am impressed, but this does not mean that you can axe Defence against the dark arts." Seaworthy nodded to him. "Now everyone line up to cast your patronus.

We watched as all the marauders somehow had patronus's, Sirius had a dog, Remus a wolf, and Peter a rat. A couple other students got their patronus's, a horse, a bird, and a cat, but the majority of students didn't.
"Ms. Evans, your turn!" Seaworthy called out, she pointed to the platform and Lily nodded.
"Expects Patronum." Lily said confidently and the mist slowly formed a doe, she let out a gasp.
"What's the matter?" I asked Remus, who was standing beside me.
"James had a deer, it means Lily and James are connected in some way." He said, he was surprised by that fact. I shrugged.
"Now for our final person, Ms. Pettigrew, take a stand." I smiled and stood up on the platform.
"Expects Patronum." I spoke, I watched in amazement as white mist began forming something.
"What is it?" Someone asked from the back. The mist slowly and surely became the shape of a raccoon, my animagus form, but then it started growing in size and became the exact same dog Sirius had, but bigger.
"And I'm spiritually connected to Sirius." I stated.
"Alright everyone thank you for coming you will get results this summer." Seaworthy said as she shooed us out of the room.

I sauntered out of the room, and Dumbledore was standing outside. He had a somber expression painted on his face, and I raised an eyebrow.
"Ebony, I think we should talk." I nodded slightly, and followed him towards his office.
"Ebony, we've received a slight problem about your O.W.Ls." He said.
"Wha-What's the matter." I asked, my eyebrows furrowed in worry.
"You've failed more than one."

I stopped. My whole life was shattering before me, I couldn't be an auror, I couldn't do anything. Ever. I studied, I did. Okay I didn't, I was busy partying, I didn't look at my books once.
"We've decided that you'll be going to Durmstang for the summer, to retake them. You won't be the only girl, anyone from any school who didn't do well will be going there too." He said, "I've arranged with your parents for floo travel, you'll be there the whole summer." I felt tears spring from my eyes.
"O-okay." I nodded, shakily making my way out.

Lily was waiting in the hall, "Ebony! What's wrong?" She asked, worried.
"I failed," I stated. "I'm going to summer school." Lily nodded giving me a hug,
"We'll owl each other, it'll be okay." She replied, I just nodded,
"I'm leaving right now, I can't bear being around the boys. You tell them, I'll as you all next year." I stood up, and walked into Dumbledore's office once more. He nodded at me, and I stepped into the fireplace.
"Durmstrang Institute!" I called, and closed my eyes as I was surrounded by the flames. This was my life, I realized, and I needed to step up.

A. N. : The ending has officially been rewritten!!! So expect more chapters, I hope you enjoy, comment if you think Ebony and Sirius should get together, or if she's alright on her own.

❤️❤️❤️-A