Back to Hogwarts for sixth year.. yay?

The summer program at Durmstrang sucked. It was basically all girls, since Durmstrang is a boys only school, and it's known for their strict policies no one at the summer program actually went to Durmstrang. And 90% of the girls there were airheaded bubbly pieces of... well yeah.

I arrived at the Platform fairly on time, I waved at Narcissa, she obviously didn't wave back. We had made a pact at Durmstrang that we could be chums there, but once we were back at Hogwarts, no communication whatsoever. So I was on my own again. I knew it would be different, my hair was shorter, I ate more at Durmstrang, so my "bikini body" was nonexistent. I wasn't overweight or anything, but I did have a little bit of chub. My school skills had gone up, but my people skills, wayyy down.

I went through the train, trying to avoid any and all communication with anyone I knew from last year, I made my way to a random empty compartment, and sat down. I had stopped owling everyone but mum during the summer, she had told me people were worrying, but I honestly didn't care. I'm not depressed or anything like that, I just wasn't in their world, and started to feel left out. I did make one friend at Durmstrang, Henri, one of the only boys. He was one of the only boys, and I did have a crush on him, but the feelings were never returned.

"Ebony!" Someone announced. The name was new to my ears, I had started going by Elli at Durmstrang, it was easier, but I would have to get used to this at some point. The short body, blonde hair, and loud mouth could only belong to one person, Alice.

"Hey." I replied, fluttering two of my fingers, in a sort of wave. Alice scowled, and dropped down to sit beside me. I had probably grown a couple inches while I was away, so I was about 5'8 now.

"I could hardly recognize you, you look less-" Alice stopped, choking on her words, probably trying to think of something to go in instead.

"Gorgeous, I know." I replied slightly, adding a shrug of my shoulders to show that I was alright with it. "Durmstrang was different."

"You'll go back to normal here right?" She asked, eyes wide. The problem was, I actually liked how I looked now, better than I ever did before. I knew I was healthier, before I always talked about how much I loved food, when I would normally only eat like a rabbit. I had also gotten I bit stronger, I had been a weakling before.

"This is my new normal." I replied with a laugh. She walked up to me, and reached a hand out to my hair,

"What about your hair? The pink tips? They were so pretty!" In all honesty, in sounded like Alice was whining. But the way she looked at me, I could tell it wasn't that. She thought what she was doing was normal.

"I like it better this way." I replied, smoothly pulling her hand out of my hair. The bright blonde had dulled to a more dirty blonde, I guess it's the result of the changing climates.

"Have you talked to Sirius?" She asked me, I assumed she wanted us to become some perfect couple, happy, straight, she wanted me to go back to having the perfect body I used to, but sometimes that's not how it goes.

"Not since July." I replied, watching Alice closely. She seemed as if she was going to break down.

"Ebony, what happened to you, you used to be so different." She asked.

"I made other friends," I replied, "People change, if Sirius wanted to see me so bad he could've gone to Durmstrang." Alice opened her mouth as if she was going to say something, but then she raced out of the compartment.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance, and went back to the muggle crossword puzzle I was working on.

"Sirius, she's different, you'll see!" Alice's voice was heard down the hall, a louder pair of footprints was coming into the room.

"I can't wait to lay my eyes on that gorgeous-" I lifted the newspaper down, and looked Sirius in the eye. Sirius stopped, his mouth gaping open, he was stuttering for words, obviously surprised by my "transformation."

"Close your mouth, you'll catch flies." I said sharply, closing his mouth shut, Sirius shook his head, he blinked about fifty times, not understanding anything. "Don't you like me anymore Siri?" I asked with a laugh, Sirius was the type of guy to like the perfect girls, and the more that I thought about it, the more I had realized that he never really liked me for me. I needed someone to truly like me for who I was, instead of what I looked like on the outside, and the way Sirius was reacting proved he wasn't the one for me.

I heard two more pairs of footsteps outside the door, and in sauntered Remus and Marlene. Remus looked at me aghast, but Marlene raised an eyebrow, scrutinizing me. "I like the hair." She grinned, sending me a thumbs up, before sitting down.

"Thanks." I said, looking away. I didn't expect anyone to look at me like that, and surely not Marlene of all people. But maybe, maybe this could be a good year after all. I was basically a new person, and I could do anything I wanted. I needed a change, and Durmstrang was perfect for that change. Look out world, here comes the new and improved Ebony Pettigrew, and I'm coming in with my wand swinging.

An: 995 Words, so, what do y'all think of the new and improved Ebony? Also, who do you ship her with? Sirius, Remus, James, Marlene? Or maybe even Alice?