Joshaya: Today

Hello Lovelies!

Here is another Joshaya chapter. I am beginning to run out of ideas and the fact that school is back on doesn't help. Like honestly. So if you have any ideas message me or comment one. The story will be in Maya's POV. Here's the story:

----------------------------------------------------

JOSHAYA: TODAY

Today is the the day of my high school graduation! Can you believe it? Yes, Maya Penelope Hart- Hunter is graduating from high school! I got my acceptance letter from NYU earlier this week. I had applied for their art program and I got in. No big deal, I'm just graduating from high school and I got into NYU. 

You might also be wondering what happened to Josh. Isn't he also at NYU? Are you two dating now? Well the answers are Josh is at NYU, and no. We are not dating. We are still in it for the long game. One thing we did do though was attend my prom together. 

I had no idea if Josh was coming for my graduation though. My thoughts were swirling around my head as I sat in Shawn's car. He was driving my mom, my baby brother and I  to my graduation. I wanted to meet up with Riley but Shawn wanted to take a bunch of photos before the ceremony. 

"We're here kiddo," Shawn said turning to me. I looked out the window to see my high school that I would soon be leaving. 

"I'm so proud of you baby girl," My mom said trying to hold back her tears. 

"Calm down mom, you still have Mike to watch grow up. He'll be heading to middle school soon." 

"Well let's stay quiet about school considering the fact that I'm skipping for your grad." Mike said fixing the tie on his neck. Shawn rolled his eyes as Mom gave a quiet chuckle. 

"MAYA!" I turned around to see Riley running towards me.

"Stop running Riles, you're going to trip!" Just as I finished my sentence Riley tripped on a rock, luckily for her I was right in front of her. Ready to catch her. I rolled my eyes and Riley tried to laugh it off. 

"She got her dress dirty Topanga!" I heard Cory say. He soon turned his head and saw Shawn. You want to know how I know? Well I'll tell you how, the next second I hear someone yell "SHAWNIE!!" Cory tackles Shawn with a hug causing all of us to laugh. 

"Have you heard from Josh yet?" Riley whispered into my ear since everyone was distracted by the Cory and Shawn show. 

I shook my head before replying "If you mean if I know if he's coming to our graduation, no." Riley rubbed my arms for comfort, but I quickly brushed her off and smiled. Today was my graduation! I was going to enjoy this.

"Riley! Maya!" Farckle called from behind. His hand was holding Smackle's as they both walked forward. Behind them were Lucas and Zay. Riley and I began to walk towards them linking arms. "Our ceremony is about to start soon." Farckle explained. Leave it to Minkus to know when and where something was happening. 

We all headed to our positions, getting ready to march our way to our seats, then the podium to retrieve our certificate then to leave.

Riley was our valedictorian, Farckle and Smackle won some sort of smart person award, Lucas won some athletic thing, Zay won something...  As for me I won an art award. As I got called up for my art award the entire grouped cheered along with our families. I smiled, I had a supportive family who was here for me. Except Josh. My brain said, I told it quickly to shut up and smiled taking the plaque. 

Finally it was time for them to call our names. Lucas Friar... Jason Fronk.... Sarah Hansen... Maya Hart they called. I began to walk to the stage, as I began to take my diploma I head a familiar voice scream from the stands "That's my girlfriend!" I looked up to see Josh in the distance, A light shade of blush soon covered my cheeks. I smiled the brightest as I walked down. I could not wait for the ceremony to end so I could go to Josh. 

I smiled and cheered for everyone else as they got up to get their diploma. Finally they said the words I have been waiting to hear for years "The Graduates of 2020!" We threw our caps up and hugged one another. 

It's real; I graduated! 

Riley quickly grabbed me from the crowd dragging me to our families. I was smiling from ear to ear; I had a family, a great group of friends, a diploma proving that I graduated from high school and a someday with Josh. I could not be happier. 

Riley and I were congratulated and crowded with hugs. I let go of my mom and felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see Josh. I don't know if it's possible but my smile grew bigger. 

Josh stretched out his hand gesturing for me to take it. I took it and he lead me to a less crowded area. 

"Congrats!" He said beaming at me. He opened his arms and I stepped in for a hug. After what seemed like a year or so he finally pulled away.

"Thanks," I smiled cheekily remembering what he yelled out when I got my diploma. He seemed to also remember since his cheeks turned a light shade of pink. 

"I never understood until now." He told me. I gave him a confused look. What did he not understand? Did he want to cancel the someday plan? What did you not understand? 

As if sensing my worry he continued grabbing my hand and giving it a light squeeze. "Cory told me when I was younger right before he left for New York that I would find my Topanga one day. I never understood what he meant. There was one Topanga, and that was his wife. But I think I understand now." Soon after that Josh got on his knees, one hand holding mine and the other reaching for something in his back pocket. 

"Josh? What are you doing?" I asked worried. Don't get me wrong, Maya Penelope Matthews has a ring to it, a ring I was planning to answer when I was done university. 

"I'm not asking you to marry me Maya, at least not yet." I let out a sigh a relief as Josh let out a soft chuckle. In his hand now was a velvet box. "I'm not asking for marriage yet, just a promise. Is that okay?" I nodded my head slowly, still trying to understand what was going on. "Maya Penelope Hart-Hunter. I love you. And I'm not just saying that. I'm prepared to show you, and fight for you. The Topanga Cory was talking about wasn't someone named Topanga or her exactly, but my special someone. Maya, you are my special someone. I don't want to let you go. I know I sound cheesy and like one of those movie characters we both make fun of when we go watch movies but I'm serious. I'm not asking for you hand in marriage, at least not yet. All I'm asking for is your love. Because I love you, Maya Penelope Hart- and soon to be Matthews. I promise to love you." At that moment he opened the velvet box, allowing the heart shaped diamond to breathe. 

"I love you, and I don't plan to stop." Josh finished. 

"What about someday?" I asked stupidly. 

Josh flashed his boyish grin and replied. "Our someday is Today." 

"In that case," I gave him a light smile giving him my left hand, "I love you too, and I promise to love you until the end of time." 

Josh slipped the ring onto my finger and got up from the ground. He took my face in his hands and looked into my eyes before leaning in for a kiss that I so gracefully allowed. He was smart to lead us to an uncrowded/empty area.  

I pulled a way and glanced at the ring, boy was it beautiful. "To someday," I mumbled into Josh's chest as I hugged him. 

"No, to today. Our answered someday." He said kissing the top of my head. 

I smiled into his chest, Could this day get any better?

_______________________________________________
Second Joshaya chapter complete! YAY!!! I honestly need this to happen though... Like no lie. 

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters in the story. Disney currently does, so thank you disney for creating such amazing characters.

Okay, so please VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW, AND SHARE. Feel free to check out my other book about how fun high school is (kinda). COMMENT if you have any ideas for oneshots or requests. Thanks, love all of the readers! 

People change people -Girl Meets World