JOSHAYA-Single... Double... No Triple Date

I was rereading this entire oneshot thing... and wow.... my writing is interesting.... But you know.... Writing is a thing people improve on over time. 

So this is Joshaya, and Rucas sitting in and a crashing from Smarkle

Enjoy

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"MAYA!" I yelled up the stairs, "We have half an hour to get to the restaurant and the place is 45 minutes away." 

"You only have to pick out a suit, I have my hair, make-up and I can't be seen with the same dress out twice according to the rules of social media. So, Babe, be a babe and shut up. We'll get there in time, I'll drive."

I let out a sigh of defeat as I flopped onto the off white couch of ours. I could have taken a nap and woken up thirty minutes ago and still be done quicker than Maya.  I glanced down at the watch Maya got me for Christmas and saw that another five minutes have gone by and I sure did not want Maya driving because she does not look at the speed limits. YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO OBEY THE SPEED LIMITS! 

"We aren't gonna make it in time," I mumbled to myself while taking out my phone to change the reservation time. Luckily for us a couple cancelled right before my call and had a reservation for 7:50. It was currently 7:00 and our original reservation was at 7:20. 

"Okay, how do I look?" Maya asked, twirling around on the platform. 

I gave a low whistle and nodded my head, "Perfect and we gotta go and I am driving because you are a scary driver." 

I quickly opened the door and walked out of our apartment and into my car waiting patiently for Maya. Maybe it wasn't the most gentleman like thing for me to do but Maya gets I mean no harm. 

We managed to get there at 7:48 as I drive responsibly, not in a rush asking for a speeding ticket. 

Maya gave a low whistle as I pulled out her chair. 

"Remind me again how we can afford to eat here?" 

"Igot a raise and my boss gave me two passes to this place since he just broke up with his girlfriend."

"Gosh, I hate your boss." 

"As do I, but he sure does know how to pick restaurants. Now let's order the most expensive things cuz we are eating for free."

"You are so romantic, Josh." Maya stated sarcastically as I chuckled softly. 

"Only for you," I replied taking her outstretched hand making sure to kiss her right under the engagement ring on her hand. 

"We need to tell them eventually that we got engaged." 

"Yeah, but I just want to enjoy the fact that I get to call you my fiancee and that we don't have people attacking us with questions."

She smiled at me from behind the menu, suddenly here eyes widen and she looks behind my shoulder. "Did you invite Riles and Lucas?" 

"No, why?" I turned my head to find my niece and her boyfriend be guided towards the table to our left. 

"Maya and Josh! How are you two? Why didn't you tell me you were coming here?"

And there goes our peaceful evening. Don't get me wrong I love Riley and Lucas, individually and together as a couple. He does have my blessing after all. 

The problem was that I wanted a nice night with Maya, we've been both so busy lately. She has an art show to prepare for this week and I just got promoted to CMO - Chief Marketing Officer. Both being thrown so much work we barely got time to celebrate by ourselves that we are engaged, that we are making it through the long game. That despite how we may have acted, we made it as a couple and are defeating the odds that were put against us.