Rucas - Long Distance (3)

I hope you enjoy the third portion of this little story, maybe a forth depending on how this goes. 

This will be in Riley's POV

----------------------------
Six months of not talking to anyone from New York, not Maya, not Josh, not Farkle and most certainly not Lucas. 

How could they all have kept this information from me, that Lucas didn't want to come to London. That I wasn't his home despite all the times he told me he would be fine anywhere as long as it was with me. 

Lies - liars, all of them

For six months I've cried myself to sleep wondering what went wrong. Why did Lucas not want to come up here anymore, why was he not willing to work for our relationship, why wasn't he my shoulder to cry on anymore. My new shoulder to cry on was my pillow and that certainly did not give the same comforting hugs Lucas gave. 

It's not like they didn't try to contact me, they did. All of them, but I just could not stand to hear the excuses they all had on why they didn't tell me about Lucas' sudden decision change. 

But those six months of silence had to come to an end, I wasn't going to act cold to my best friend and uncle at their engagement party. 

Josh and Maya finally got engaged after years of dating, after not being able to wait too long after promising someday. That was supposed to be me and Lucas. My heart pounded at that thought. 

I found out from my mom and dad after Josh informed them. They were overjoyed about the news, and when they told me a real smile managed to inch its way onto my lips but soon disappeared when they said "we got tickets back to New York for the engagement party." 

I eventually told Mom and Dad about Lucas' change at heart, for some odd reason after telling them his arguments on why he is staying they didn't hate him. Not that I want them to hate him, I just want someone to hate him for me because no matter how hard I try to dislike him to see him as some heartless villain, I remember all the reassuring answers to my questions, all the small kisses that grazed my neck whenever he came to hug me, all the times he would drop anything to pick up a phone call of even fly on a plane for me; all the visits to London and how he'd hold my hand as we strolled down the streets and my frowns from the week before that reflected the rainy state of the city would turn to a smile with every second I would catch his eyes on mine or would feel his presence in a room. 

The cab came to a halt as it stopped outside a quaint hotel, a friend of Josh was standing outside directing people into the room where we would all congratulate the happy couple even if we were mad at them. 

I plastered on a fake smile; I had gotten pretty good at those lately, stepping into the room my grandpa had rented out for his youngest son's engagement. 

At that my breath hitched- across the room stood the boy who managed to capture my heart and New York's. 

"Riles," said a small voice to my left - the small voice that belonged to my beautiful best friend. I turned as she gathered me into her arms, as I felt like I could finally breakdown in front of someone and receive the comfort and words I wanted to hear. 

"I'm sorry," we both breathed out as we pulled out of the hug, earning a light chuckle from each of us. Maya was the only one who could make me smile or laugh when I was feeling down

She began to apologize, explaining how she had thought Lucas had told me but I couldn't concentrate. Not when I felt as if there was someone's burning stare on me. I gave a faint smile and nodded as I subtly tried to locate the eyes that was burning my skin.