Joshaya: Thanksgiving with the Matthews

Thanksgiving is just around the corner in Canada, and for all you lovely and supportive readers who didn't know I'm from Canada. (No I don't live in an igloo) 

I thought as a gift, I would write a Joshaya fanfic! (If you could not tell Joshaya is kinda my favourite ship) It isn't really Joshaya but at the same time it is.

Disclaimer: I unfortunately don't own any of the characters, all belong to girl meets world/ boy meets world. 

Thanks for reading and hope you enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------
JOSHAYA: THANKSGIVING WITH THE MATTHEWS

"Hey, where does Riley live again?" Josh asked snapping me out of my daze. I turned to my right to see him staring right at me. 

"Eyes on the road" I told him rolling my eyes. "Take a left and keep going forward until the second traffic light, then turn right and Riley should be around the corner." 

You might be wondering Maya? Why are you in Josh's care? And what do you mean by going to Riley's house? Well, you see. I am no longer Maya Penelope Hart-Hunter, it is now Maya Penelope Matthews. 

Josh and I got married about a year ago, he proposed on our five year anniversary. Cute? Yeah, I know. 

The entire gang and I still lived in New York. Riley was a teacher while Lucas became a part-time baseball coach and full time vet. Farkle works as the CEO at his dad's company and is married to Smackle who works as a scientist. As for Zay, well he ran off and became a professional baseball player. He hasn't settled down yet, let's just say he's running around the field. 

Josh works as a architect because he's good at observing things. I work as an interior designer. I'll give you some time to let that sink in.... Good? Great! 

Anyways, today was Thanksgiving and we were all meeting up at Riley's house for Thanksgiving dinner. This would be the first Thanksgiving I've spent with Riles and Ranger Rick since Josh and I got married and they gave birth to James Pluto Friar.  

All the Matthews were coming over  and our gang. I was excited to see everyone but at the same time a bit nervous. I kept on thinking about how they were going to take the news Josh and I were carrying. 

"Hey we're here" Josh tells me as he parks the car. He looks over to me and takes my hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. I smiled back at him grateful to have him in my life. 

You see, Riley and Lucas had some money so they could afford a really nice house. When I say really nice I mean really nice. It designed by Mr. Joshua Matthews himself and Mrs. Maya Matthews.  Yes, I am complimenting my work because it was truly perfect for the Friar household. 

Josh and I walked up the stairs heading to the front door. We didn't really need to ring a doorbell since we had the spare keys. We casually walked in with me yelling "Auntie Maya's home!" 

Josh chuckled by my side watching James poke out from the doorway and running towards us. "Uncle Josh!" The kid screamed. I pouted trying to look as offended as I could. Josh whispered something into James' ear before he turned towards me smiling cheekily. "Hi Auntie Maya!" He rejoiced. 

I laughed at the kid messing up his hair. Smackle and Frakle were already there watching the news in the living room. Such a lively couple. (Yes I was being sarcastic). Josh let James down as he ran to the kitchen. We followed him in there to find Topanga, Cory, Amy, Allan, Shawn, my Mom, and the rest of the adults from our childhood sitting at the table. Holding the wine at the island was none other than Ranger Rick. Riley was beside him grabbing the wine glasses. 

Riley soon looked up, laying her eyes on me and screaming. "PEACHES!" She ignored Lucas' story and ran to me giving me a hug. "You made it!" 

"Wouldn't miss it for the world" I told her smiling back. 

"When can we eat?" Josh asked from behind me staring at the Turkey on the counter. I rolled my eyes prepared to smack him over the head or something. 

"Don't worry bro, food's ready, we we're just waiting for you two." Farkle said preparing to set the table with Lucas. We all gave a slight laugh before joining in on preparing dinner. 

After dinner we all played a few games, James was rather lonely since he was the only kid in the group of adults. Around 9pm we all heard a knock on the door. 

"Who could that be..." Huckleberry said all knowingly. 

"You're boyfriend?" I asked innocently. Riley let out a giggle at my reply as her husband glared at me. He finally made his way to the door to find our best friend Zay. 

"Zay!" We all shouted. He came in holding gifts for everyone. 

"Uncle Zay is here and he brought presents!" He cheered.

James ran over to Zay. Zay dropped the presents and stretched his arms out expecting a hug. To much of his dismay James ran past him and to the bags of presents. Zay pouted like he got rejected from another girl and we all laughed. 

We spend some time talking with Zay, feeling like a true family. Soon the clock announced that an hour had already passed. Seeing the time the older adults decided it was time to leave but Josh and I could not let that happen before telling them the news. 

Josh took a fork off his plate of pumpkin pie and began to hit it against his wine glass. "Family, Maya and I have something to say." They all turned their heads to us, some standing and others sitting. "Go for it,love." Josh said gesturing me to say something. 

I glared at him slightly and took a deep breathe. I was about to speak but was rudely interrupted by Zay. "Does Auntie Maya need some wine, we asked you earlier but you said you didn't. Here" He picked up the wine bottle and handed it to me. I rolled my eyes and pretended not to see the bottle in his hands. 

"I actually can't drink wine... Or any alcohol actually." They all looked at me strangely for a good second before Riley let out a big gasp. 

"No Way! You're... OMG! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!" Riley screamed excitedly. 

"You...." Shawn glared at Josh finally understanding what was going on. 

I put a protective arm over Josh before saying, "you can't hurt the father of your grandchild you know." 

"Gasp!" Mr. Matthews suddenly said, yes he said gasp. Don't ask me why. "You...." he said pointing to me. I let out a childish grin. 

"Hey, your niece or nephew is in her stomach as we speak." Josh said protectively. Yes you heard it correctly. I Maya Penelope Matthews am carrying a Matthews kid. 

Everyone gasped, freaking out as they were over excited. 

"Zay you almost killed the kid!" Lucas eventually joked.  Riley brought out another pie as we celebrated the news. 

I honestly wonder why I was so nervous. 

---------------------------------------------------

Hoped you enjoy, This isn't what I'm used to writing so I apologize if it seems different. 

Thanksgiving is in October in Canada so yeah, I thought I might give something to my readers since some of you are Canadian. So yeah. Hope you are having a great day!

People Change People ~Girl Meets World